or Connect

Posts by RileysMom

I know I mentioned breast compression. Here is the info on it. It talks about doing it during a nursing session, but I found it VERY effective to do while pumping.....SO much extra came out... breast compression
My dd was born at 29 weeks (She was due Sept 21st and was born July 3rd in 2001). She weighed 2 lbs and 10 oz and spent 3 months in the NICU...was on a respirator, CPAP, canula...had some infections and alot of eating issues. I was also hoping for a natural birth, but had a very traumatic emergency classic c section also. (still healing emotionally from that!) The best thing I did was to pump breastmilk for my dd. I felt like that was the piece of "natural...
My mom is very similar. Both times, I told her "dh can take off one week (or 2 weeks), but I could really use your help when he goes back to work" So she was totally willing to come 2 weeks after the birth. Whew!
I pumped for my 29 week preemie for quite a while! (She was in the NICU for 3 months) Here's what I'd recommend. Pump a bit more if you can. I found that I got the most at certain times (when I was up at the hospital and had been holding her...I'd go into the back room reserved for pumping moms and usually got alot more. Also, when I just woke up from a nap or when I got up in the middle of the night...I was more relaxed.) Rest was a BIG factor in my supply. I...
You are SO not alone. I keep wanting to stab people with an ice pick....how EVIL is that. Horrible drivers are the worst for me. I think part of it is we are so vulnerable at this time, kwim? People that can hurt us or baby bring out the raging momma bear.... I was waiting at a really dangerous intersection for a window to pull out. The woman behind me kept honking and it was *really* not safe to pull out yet. I was very, very close to putting my car in park...
Thanks for the responses. Part of what I'm trying to figure out is how much I'm over reacting because I'm SO hormonal... I think I may just make a list of things he can do to help and see if that will nudge him in a less demanding manner...
We'll be praying for you. I know it's scary, but I just know she'll be ok. I recommend 2 books to folks with preemies. I read alot and it helped calm me down and have really productive talks with Riley's Drs. My favorite is: Best book on preemies This one is also good, but not AS good: 2nd best Praying for you, baby, and her drs.
My Riley Jane was a 29 weeker...and it was an emergent situations, so she didn't get steroids or anything. Sounds like your baby is doing really well. I will keep both of you in my prayers! I pumped and pumped and it was the hardest and best thing I did....I also felt like it was the only "salvageable" part of my birth plan. In your shoes, or if I had to do it again, I would work harder on getting her to the breast. The hospital where we had her was not bf friendly...
I ask because I'm trying not to be put out with dh.... We have a 2 year old and are expecting #2 in Nov/Dec. I stay home all day and still do all the housework, shopping, cooking, child care, etc.... He does work hard and has a fairly stressful job situation. But this is also a high risk pg for me (dd was a preemie) and I have diabetes, so I have alot of stress too. Unfortunately for dh, my best friend has a very sensitive, almost bordering on feminine dh. He...
I sometimes try to beat them to the punch by saying something...."Whew! I'm not due until Dec, but baby must need alot of stretching room....heehee" If someone does say something, I always say, "yes, my tummy always gets really big, even though I haven't gained much weight...my babies like lots of room" (It's true....my belly really is pretty big, but I've only gained 3 or 4 lbs)