or Connect

Posts by aramat

Yes, I copied and pasted this info here -- from the WeAreAllHabiba page on Facebook (linked above).  
We have a group going to the Spanish consulate here in Sao Paulo, Brasil, also!
(x-posted in Lactivism) An international day of protest at Spanish embassies is planned for Wed, June 15th in response to this story. Below is the summary for anyone who hasn't been following. And if you're on Facebook, go here to find out about scheduled events --or to plan one-- in your city: International Action for Habiba | Facebook. Further, if anyone has links to the media or experience in news, we are having plenty of trouble getting this story into the...
An international day of protest at Spanish embassies is planned for Wed, June 15th in response to this story. Below is the summary for anyone who hasn't been following. And if you're on Facebook, go here to find out about scheduled events --or to plan one-- in your city: International Action for Habiba | Facebook. Further, if anyone has links to the media or experience in news, we are having plenty of trouble getting this story into the English-speaking media. So far,...
Hi! Well, I stopped PUMPING at five weeks, and, looking back, that was clearly my problem. I did have enough milk when I was pumping, but, I was breastfeeding my preemie and then supplementing with a cup, and I think that cup-feeding was too tedious at such a tiring and stressful time -- and it wasn't helping her to gain weight. If I had it to do over again, I would keep pumping and put the breastmilk in a syringe, in a lactation aid, or even in a bottle if the weight...
I'm so sorry I didn't see your post sooner! Did you find Alessandra Godinho? She is in BH. http://alex-doula.blogspot.com/p/english.html Ooh! And I just found she has a blog in English! http://expatbaby.blogspot.com/
PM'd you, Zangua.   Rebecca, I only now saw your post! Did you find info on homebirths in Guaruja? Sao Paulo city has 3 or 4 homebirth midwives, two of whom speak excellent English. There are also some obgyns who attend homebirths, but most of them do not speak much English.  (Perhaps Dr Kuhn does?)  However, I don't know about Guaruja!
*bump* If it just sounds like I have a bad attitude, I'd like to hear that, too. I just need a little perspective, please!
My first daughter sometimes nursed all night, but it wasn't a big deal as she didn't really wake. My second daughter coslept and nursed as well but started sleeping through the night at an early age, and I thought she was awesome. My third daughter, Julianna, though, was born 8 weeks prematurely (so she is 13 mos now but 11 mos developmentally), and we have struggled with breastfeeding from the start--she nurses, but her primary nutrition has been (very unhappily for me)...
Living well is the best revenge. The comeback sounds satisfying, except actually you'd still be feeding her hunger for drama with it.  Ignore, and be satisfied with having the opportunity to blatantly ignore her. :)