or Connect

Posts by Ms.Doula

Looking for Ideas for a healthier alternative to some of these 'Traditional American Thanksgiving' side dishes. Ones the relatives will think are gourmet, but won't know are healthy.   I already plan on making this: (even though there's sugar in it, Its still healthier than the marshmallow coated alternative)       Anyone else want to add to the list?   I am especially interested in the "Green Bean casserole" And "stuffing"
  Maple-Glazed Yams with Pecan Topping   Ingredients 3 lbs of yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes), peeled, cut into 1/4 inch rounds 1/2 cup maple syrup Salt 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional) 6 Tbsp chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed 1  1/2 cups pecans   Instructions 1.  Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat a large pot of salted water (add a tablespoon of salt for every two quarts of water) until boiling. Add the yam rounds. Cook...
BUMPing this great thread back up!
Happy Kefir-ing, Bump!
This Thread is AMAZING!! Lets keep it alive!
We have had a Cigna PPO for Many years now. I wish I would have thought to ask for oppinions & advice then. We were in the same boat last week. I Let my Hubby decide (its his Employer that provides Ins. & that is changing Ins. companies) And Now I am super worried. It seems the team of Dr.s my SN Daughter has been seeing for 8 years (her whole life) Will be changing. Hubby went with the HMO for financial reasons and I found out yesterday 2 or her Dr.s (Our fam. Ped & her...
I have been reading here (lot of searches through older posts) And was just curious to see how many parents here have a dx of Bipolar disorder for their children. My 8 yr old daughter has SID, ADD, & Now has been dx w Bipolar Disorder. I would like to know who you mommies are so I can 'network' and ask for & share Information while we get her meds straight. & journey through this life. :
Lenny Sue Tinseth is an angel. I used her for daughter #2 & #3 when I lived in Gardnerville & then again when we lived in Carson City. She is in Markleeville, just a few miles away. ps im jealous! I miss the mountains!!
Love love love this show!!
I ADORE this thread!!