or Connect

Posts by Ms.Doula

I would never use vasoline! Its a Potrolium based product. Just my .2 Use a natural barrier cream instead like Rash Magic from Jacksmagicbeanstalk.com or Burts Bees diaper ointment & let it run its course. If he/she seems uncomfortable, maybe some Hylands Teething tablets will help. They do for us! HTH.
Whats wrong with DS **NOW**???
Also Im now wondering if there is any sense in getting vaxed for HepB only, concidering there are so many *OTHER* icky things out there! Like where would I draw the line kwim? It seems like a slippery slope concidering that I will be weakening my immune system as a whole, with each vax I accept, and there are alot of things there are no vax's for! Therefor how would I fight effectively when/if exposed to these OTHER things!?? UGH!! Then there is the chance that...
Wow, you are all amazing wealths of personal information. THANK YOU SO MUCH for contributing! This is a tough one. Im wondering how many cases of HepB are reported among HCP that *ARE* vaxinated?? Anyone know where I can find this information? And Im still looking for info on weither I can be a 'carrier' of sorts for these things to my UNvaxed children. One thing is for certain, I will need to step up my preventative measures. I think I should commit...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 i also worked with folks with developmental disabilities - those were the folks who would bite ... they also offered the Hep B vax. I had a Hep B lady i worked with - but the only thing the poor woman could do was drool I agree with the PPs about those who are in law enforcement and health care need to Heb B vax to protect themselves... and their familes (esp if kids are delayed/non-vaxed).. just my 2...
Thanks, everyone. This is great help. Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan I believe one of the studies of the safety of HepB was done on nurses, because they were an available vaccinated adult population. They found that the nurses had much higher rates of autoimmune disease after getting the vax. I'll see if I can find the study. YES! Id LOVE to see that!!!
ANd also if it makes any difference, I was fully vaxed as a child in the 70s/80s (Im almost 30) And my mama BF me for a full year.
Quote: Originally Posted by amnesiac Other than the hep B series (which I have had BTW), what other vaxes are on the list? And what type of facts are you wanting to see? I believe they are sugguesting a DTaP booster, HIB and that damn brand new HPV vax as well as the Hep B & Hep A & is there a Hep C??? ugh. I guess I need facts as to how many cases maybe... among non-vaxed & vaxed healthcare workers. As well as instances of any of these...
anyone? :
Thank you all. This is so helpfull & I apreciate your sharing your personal thoughts & experiences with me! ......However I am still soooo unsure of getting this! I need to see facts I guess.... Im so torn, I mean I am against routine vax's in general. And I have been denying vaxs for so long for my children ages 6.5, 4.5 & 2 (& my dd that is 6, we believe to be vax-injured as an infanct from DTaP and/or HIB -thats why we stopped vaxing & started researching) So...