or Connect

Posts by pip

Ah TransendentalMoM....you're freaking me out!!! We have a Luka, who was very nearly an Elijah or a Gabriel.... Boys are hard. Girls are soooooooo much esier to come up with. I think I just wore my dh down. Every time he hopped into bed with his book I'd take it away and give him the Baby Names book. He soon got tired of it and started to agree with my choices.
Quote: So let him, but tell him not to disturb you and the baby while he is crying.
OMG pumpkinhead - that is one funny ol' nurse!!! One day old - I mean really, that's nuts! My lovely first night nurse said to me "let's not put him in there (the plastic cot thing) I'll just tuck him here under your arm so you can cuddle" and I spent the night with my little guy in the crook of my arm and it was the most precious night of my life.
Snap! Ours is outside and down steps, and it rains all winter here. Yuck. Still, it's worth it for fluffy cloth, and just think how EASY it will be when we all move and get inside laundies.....
Hi CerridwenLorelei...did I get that right? It was hard to copy!! In answer to your question, I think it's not fair to expect mum to walk/carry a baby all night regularly 'cos I know I just can't do it! I have a dodgy back and a baby who gained weight very rapidly, and if me carrying him was his soothing to sleep mechanism I would be miserably sore and tired, thus not the most patient mum!! Of course I have paced and rocked him as a tiny baby, and during difficult times...
Wow, it's always amazing to me how people can look at things in such different ways - like is the glass half empty, or half full? I hardly think she advocates "unemotionally pushing the baby down in it's cage", I think the opposite - that the child cried and was PICKED UP 100 times! That child was comforted until it stopped crying many many times more than I would be patient to do. I think this would help the child know it is safe and will not be left alone if...
9 months to go up.....9 months to go down.... (at least for me anyway. Not that I fit into my old jeans just yet....)
I really liked it - please don't flame me anyone! Obviously no one set of 'rules' will work for everyone, but I like her ideas on routine and predictablility for the baby, alongside the flexibility that E.A.S.Y. gives. It just gives you an idea what to expect, and helped me think about ways to deal with a newborn when I had no idea about babies. Yes it's always most important to go with your gut feelings, but it is nice to get some back up advice for the moments you...
I read that toilet thing too...that a load a day is the same amount of water we each use flushing the loo in a day. Also don't forget that it takes more water to make disposables...to turn the wood to pulp they waste heaps of water, so the impact on the environment for water usage is WORSE if you choose 'sposies. Not forgetting all the chemical in the waste water from the processing plant....
My baby used to do this when he was really little too, and it turned out to be reflux (silent reflux- they swallow it down again so you don't see the spit up). It is very common in young babies, and they often outgrow it in the first couple of months so don't panic. However, if your baby seems often distressed when feeding I would go see a doctor just in case. I believe there is also lots of homeopathic remedies too, if it is reflux and doesn't disappear soon. It...