or Connect

Posts by YummyYumYumMama

just wanted to wave hi to everyone!!! hope everyone is doing okay. happy to see all the positive updates over the past page or so.   things are good here, baby k is 8.5 months old and trying to hard to figure out mobility. by this age my daughter had been crawling for 2 months and pulling up/cruising for 1 month, so i am kinda glad the poor little guy has not figured it out yet, frustrating though it may be. we are moving in just over 2 weeks and i am really hoping...
congratulations mahna! welcome, so thrilled to have you here! i've been thinking of you and wondering how your TTC journey was going.   MBA & maurine, i'm going through some crazy shiz right now scheduling treatment stuff for my back, but once i'm doing better, it's on! BSL offline meeting!   nanette, awesome birth story - go you!   so happy to read everyone else's updates & only have a few min to post before some friends come to visit, just wanted to check...
lately i've been having various health issues, physical and emotional, which take a huge dent in my ability to be a functional SAHM, and because of this we really need extra help at home for 10-15 hours a week.   basically, i'd like help with some to all of the following: helping me care for one or both children; childcare during my appointments or really bad days; light housework (e.g. decluttering, dishes, laundry); light snack/meal prep; help with organization...
to update from my original post! we ended up moving to westford, so in hindsight, had i gone to a nashua-area NH CNM in network who would travel to MA for homebirth, i might have gotten it covered. but, no regrets!   i chose brookline-based CPM nechama wildanah (in-home prenatals at no extra cost = awesome), who i can't recommend enough. her backup was kim bradley (sp?) and they were both just amazing during the birth. nechama was exactly what i was looking for in...
NANETTE omg!!!!!!!! what news to come back to, having been away for what seems like FOREVER! i can't wait to read the birth story; must sign up for e-mail notifications on this thread or something!   a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the mamas of new babies born since i last checked in, and another big CONGRATULATIONS to all the preggos who moved over here. major squee! maurine & miriam, am i right in remembering that you guys are in the greater boston area? maybe we'll...
OMG TEAR. i am thrilled! congrats! i saw on the BSL front page that maurine is due around the same time as you?? yay! more grads please!   congrats kelly! and q, you are looking great! love the maternity shots.   and looooove the shots of all your little ones! so cute! i don't have any to share right now... sorry...   things are going well over here. k was 6 weeks old this past wednesday. i am still waiting for smiles!!! i think we're close, though. so, at 2...
yay nanette! your intuition was spot on, no? as for the UC, i struggled w/that decision this time around. i didn't read your other post yet, so i'm not sure why a homebirth with a midwife is not an option for you, but just wanted to throw out another option that we considered: a UC with a doula who has midwife certification. that way, you're still doing it your way and having a UC, but you also have the support of a doula and the peace of mind that you have someone...
no personals, just popping in to say... this little guy isn't waiting till november! i'm 37w1d, my water broke this morning, and ctx are becoming more & more regular (and uncomfortable) as i type! i had a big nesting binge this weekend so at least things are set up, but... my birth kit hasn't even arrived yet! i hope i can get a refund on it. anyway, i just wanted to share the news! i am FB friends with a couple of you, and i will update there at some point after the baby...
okay it has been WAY TOO LONG since i checked in here. congrats kalamos and nanette! nanette, TWINS??? how exciting! i hope both of you are feeling well - you both must be wrapping up your 1st trimester if you're due in april. gosh, i'm behind! anyway, i don't think i congratulate either of you when i was here last, so mega congrats to you both! CONGRATS to carlyle!!! libra babies are the best - i was born 10/2. congrats to you as well, auntie tear! and 11 pounds......
hey all, i live in nothern MA (about 25 min from nashua), and i am 28 weeks pregnant. my prenatal care provider is a CPM based in MA - and you guys in NH are definitely more progressive with midwifery care than we are down here! none of the CNMs in MA can provide backup care for a homebirth, and the southern NH medical center is closer to me than any of the boston hospitals. i've heard that hospitals in NH are friendlier to homebirth transfer moms than those in MA, since...