or Connect

Posts by FroNuff

Quote: I can totally see your point but to me, safety trumps personal choice. I absolutely agree. But that doesn't mean that everyone who ends up in a hospital or chooses to go to a hospital is being unsafe and will end up with a cascade of interventions. I think MmeMuffin illustrated that beautifully, btw. That was more of my point, which I suppose was lost or unclear. And really, I'm not being snarky, but please don't call me a girl. I'm a...
Well, that was rude. I didn't think I was rude to you. Just expressing my opinion.
Quote: Originally Posted by starry_mama So when I hear of people who are planning to birth in a hospital, I admit, it makes my heart hurt for them. I had two horrendous births, and I wouldn't wish them upon an enemy, let alone a mama from my DDC who I love and care about. While I'm sorry for you and for any mother who have had horrible births, I think it's a stretch to believe that everyone who chooses a hospital birth will end up in a bad...
Coming out of lurkdom to respond because this has been on my mind in a MAJOR way! I'm doing Hypnobabies right now, also, and frankly, the language has been a turnoff and stumbling block to me. Almost enough for me to consider selling the program before I'm even finished with it. The relaxation methods are great, but as a person who has two children already (1 vaginal birth, 1 CS), I know that there will be pain during labor and no amount of fluffy names is going to...
I am sorry that you've been worrying about this, but I'm glad because someone shares a similar worry as me! My DD is 5 and I've been wanting to sign her up for Daisy scouts, but have not found a troop yet. Initially, I wanted to find a homeschool only troop for her, but the ones I've found are really far away from us. I've given up and going to try to find a school-based one, but I'm nervous about how it will go for similar reasons as the OP. I say sign your DD up...
Not in your DDC, but saw the post in "New Posts" and wanted to say Congrats! Also, your brand new baby and I share the same name (but mine is spelled Atiya). It's funny, it's the second time I've encountered someone with the same (or similar) name as mine *just* this morning (have met a handful of Atiyas/Attiyas in my life, though). Congrats again!
Quote: Originally Posted by mum4boys The parent would be constantly going, OH MY SUSIE does not like to do that or she will not like that. Well Miss Susie loved to do whatever the parent said she hated as soon as the parent left. Those parents I find so annoying and want me to scream. Then I have the other parents who stay who kids might have a bit of a transition problems or it can be trust issue. They do not hinder the classroom or the learning...
Here's my question... My DDs started attending religious education classes this year, which are right after our 9am Mass is over. My older DD is in the K class and the younger one goes into the nursery class right door to her sister. My husband and I haven't been the best at attending Mass in the past few years, so we do not know everyone in the parish very well by name, but we do know many people by face. That said, we seem to be in the minority when it comes to...
Typically, she will write 7s, 3s, 9s and sometimes 6s backwards. Funny, if I am around, she will recognize it is backwards and correct it, but if I am not actively paying attention, like if she's just drawing on the floor next to my desk (she *just* did this), she doesn't correct herself. FWIW, she's 5.