or Connect

Posts by FroNuff

Hi mamas, I don't normally post on this thread, but I have a CCD/religious education question for you. Actually, it's very loosely about CCD, but I would like a Catholic mother's perspective. May I ask my question here or should I just post a new thread? Thanks in advance!
My DD and I have been working on printing a decent amount lately, and I've become concerned with how she will write letters/numbers facing the correct way when we're doing work together, but then she'll sometimes write them backwards when she's doing something on her own. She will often read a digital clock backwards, as well, but has no problem with reading words from left to right. Is this common? Is my worrying unnecessary? Thanks in advance!
You're in my thoughts, MM.
I found an interesting website about the 21 Eastern Rite churches that make up the 22 Catholic rites (the 22nd being RC). Here is it... http://www.maryourmother.net/Eastern.html Tradd, I wonder if your area does not have a significant amount of Eastern Rite parishes and that is the reason why they attend many Orthodox functions. To put it plainly, there's no need for that in my area since there are no lack of active Eastern Rite churches that have a good-to-plentiful...
Tradd, are you Eastern Rite, by any chance? I'm guessing not, but I don't want to assume without asking first.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tradd They eventually said something that didn't click, as well as being very hestitant to reveal which parish they belonged to (all the local Orthodox I meet have no problem with saying which parish they belong to). They finally, very reluctantly and sheepishly, admitted they were Eastern Rite Catholics. This has happened more times than I can count. This is very interesting, as my husband and 99% of his family are...
Friday13th, I understand you. In fact, there is a part of me that wants a doula, but both DH and I are very private people and I just don't think a doula would "fit in" with us. I'm also birthing in a hospital with midwives, so we share that similarity. Money is also tight here and doulas are expensive in my area. It's kind of funny that is seems a doula is such a popular person to want at birth, as if it's almost a trendy thing, kwim? No offense to doulas, as I...
My younger daughter's birthday is December 26th (great day, Lizzardbits! ), and so far it's not been a problem, but she is only 3. One thing that's been somewhat difficult is deciding when to have a bigger party for her since most people are quite busy at this time of year. The one year we had a big party, it was done in January. We always have cake, fun and presents just for DH, DD1, DD2, MIL and I at home, so it'll always be special no matter if there is a "big"...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplegirl Bless you woman! I was driving myself batty: trying to remember her name. I believe she teaches some where in Jersey and perhaps why you are familiar with her? I am unable to click the link now but I will later tonight. OT: As usual, it's good to see you posting on this thread! First, hey! She is actually based out west (CA, WA?) but she comes out this way to lecture fairly often. I have been...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplegirl There is a psychology professor, whose name I'm not remembering right now, who has done extensive research on how black people often endure post traumatic stress, secondary to every day racism ,that goes unrecognized. She's so right about this. Dr. Joy Leary, perhaps?