or Connect

Posts by FroNuff

Sorry you are going through this. I went through this same thing a few weeks back and my odds were similar to yours -- the blood test showed a 1:151 chance of having a DS baby, but with my age, it "should" have been 1:500 (or something like that). I posted about this, and I worried like crazy. In fact, I was hysterical when I found out. Not very smart of me, but my emotions took over. Anyway, after meeting with the perinatologist, he suggested that I take...
I apologize in advance for another car seat thread. : Right now, I need to purchase two new car seats for my DDs, and I'm utterly confused with the choices out there. My DDs are ages 4 (42lbs? 42 in.) and 3 (38 lbs? 40 in.) and my preference is to get 2 seats with 5pt harnesses that can also be used as belt positioning boosters later on. I would like to avoid spending an exorbitant amount of money, but I do want to have something that will not need replacing within...
I'm so sorry.
All of my children are multicultural. I honestly do not like the term "interracial" because of personal reasons. I definitely do wonder what this baby will look like, but not because of his or her racial background, but because that's what mothers tend to wonder! To me, it's no different than a child born to 2 Black parents or 2 White parents -- will he/she look like Daddy or Mommy or the cat? I hate to be a bummer to this thread, but the exoticism surrounding...
This is my third child, so I feel silly that I want to register for anything, but I definitely could use a small amount of things. If I find out that this baby is a boy, then I might register for some, um, boy things, but if it's a girl, I probably won't.
Christine, I'm so sorry.
Oh, I am so very sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
I haven't set an appointment yet, but I hope to find out ASAP (likely in August). I need to know if I have to drag out the boxes of pink dresses or whether to plan a blue shopping spree. :-D
Thank you all SO very much for all of the support and for sharing your experiences. I managed to have a good and somewhat relaxing weekend, so it took my mind off of it for a bit. Chann96, I'm sorry about your daughter, but I think that it's wonderful that you and your DH were able to become advocates for her before she was even born. If there is anything wrong with this baby, that is exactly what I'd like to do -- use the time before birth to research and learn so...
First, I am not looking to start controversy or a fight with anyone, as I recently discovered this could be a hot issue. This week, I got a call from my midwives' office saying that my AFP screen came back with an increased risk for Down Syndrome. It's not a huge risk, but it's enough to have me alarmed because I've never had this happen before with my two DDs. For my age, my risk should be 1:500 approximately, but the blood results came back with a risk of 1:151. I...