or Connect

Posts by FroNuff

If I have a boy, the name is picked. We've had that picked for a WHILE. If it's a girl, who knows? Maybe I'll actually get to use the middle name I wanted for DD2, which was Noa.
I'm at 5 weeks and have had these same dull, crampy pains all week.
Has anyone *not* seen their care provider yet or not even set up an appointment yet? I have to decide on a new provider, and I'm still stuck with the picking up the phone and calling around part. : Granted, I am probably only about 5 weeks, so I have time, but in reading, it seems like I might be "falling behind" a bit. Anyone?
I'm so glad this thread is here because I've been waffling back and forth with my occasional 1 or 2 cups per day coffee habit. I guess I could hardly call it a habit since there are days that go by when I don't want any coffee at all, and some days I could drink 2 or 3 cups, max. With my last 2 pregnancies, I cut out all caffeine because I was fearful that if anything happened to the baby and it was due to something I could have changed, I would have SUCH a hard time...
Belleweather, you and I have similar "ways" we got pregnant. We have been thinking about a third child for a while now, but never quite figured out when the "right" time would be. Well, I suppose it became the right time when we knew it wasn't a safe time to be DTD and we went ahead and did it anyway. We haven't been quite that...um, careless?...in several YEARS (since that's how my 3 year old was conceived). The first 2 tests I took were negative, but all...
Name: Tia Age: 31 Due Date: approx. 12/19 Pregnancy #:4 (1 miscarriage and then my 2 daughters) Family (partner and/or other children): DH is Bill and I have 2 daughters, Big A (age 4) and Little A (age 3) Birth Plans/Preferences: Very on the fence, but I would like to have a midwife in a hospital setting Anything else you'd like to share: I've never really participated in a due date group before and I'd like to try to stay motivated enough to keep posting to the group. ...
Thanks for the congrats. Shachar, I think we can do this! I'm sorry you're in a similar position, but yesterday afternoon, I decided that I'm going to stick it out for the next 3 weeks, even if I end up doing poorly in a class. Even today, I have a TON of homework that is due and I cannot buckle down enough to concentrate on it because I'm thinking about finding a midwife or OBGYN (I don't like the one who delivered my last child). There are just so many things...
I'm only tentatively jumping in because the stupid pregnancy tests all have faint lines, which isn't enough for me. About me....I'm Tia, mama of 2 wee ones (ages 3 & 4), nd I'm a SAHM/student who is struggling with whether or not I should finish out the remaining 3 weeks of my semester. I have a LONG way to go to finish my degree, so it isn't like I'll miss graduating, but I will have to re-take 1 of the classes I've done this semester. This will most likely be my...
Thanks for the replies and advice. Financially, I think I may royally screw us over by leaving at this point in the semester, but academically, it might be a good idea to throw in the towel at some point. I'm just so unsure of what decision to make right now. I left a message and emailed my professor to discuss ways that I can catch up (tutoring, coming in for office hours, etc.), but I haven't heard back from him. Being me, I'm reading into this and feeling...
Shay, I'm a little late to comment, but I wanted to tell you that I didn't think you were overreacting at all. To take it a step further, I completely understand the "playing-in-hair" thing, because I got a little worked up when I noticed one of my daughter's teachers stroking her hair one day. I didn't say anything, but I chalked it up to cultural differences as well. On another note, I'm glad you are able to rearrange your schedule to allow less time in care...