or Connect

Posts by FroNuff

My daughters just started childcare a month and a half ago, and since then, we all have missed quite a bit of school due to illnesses. At this point, I've missed about 4-5 classes, and I have another 2 months of the semester ahead of me. While I had an idea that the first time in childcare would bring home "mysterious" illnesses for my DDs, I never thought they would miss so much school, and of course, I would miss so much of my own classes because I stay home to care...
Aside from obvious issues, like a teacher harming a child, when do you know when to say, "ok, let's find a new school"? Here's some background.... My DDs, ages 3 & 4 recently started going to preschool for 4 days a week from 12:30-3:30pm at my university's child development center. Overall, both daughters seem to like it, the 4 year old more than the 3 year old, and they never want to leave when I pick them up. Unfortunately, we've had a few minor issues since...
Sorry to pop in and out so infrequently. Holland, that sucks about your CT and that there is little to be done about her. It's sad that anyone, let alone a teacher, would act that way towards a child who obviously needs that extra care/assistance. That just sucks. I'm only 3 days into the semester and I think I might be ready to hang it up. My girls are adjusting to childcare for the first time and it's going ok, but my older daughter is clearly having some...
Good luck tomorrow, Potty Diva! And I hope you feel better soon, MamaChel. Mamas, have any of you had to regularly leave a class early? I have a class that will end at 4:45pm, which is the same time the childcare center closes, so I have no choice but to leave that class a few minutes early to pick up my DDs. I intend to talk to the prof on the first day of class and take it from there, but it's tricky because this is an ensemble, not just a lecture. Anyone ever have...
Quote: Originally Posted by vannienicole Looks like I will only be taking two classes this semester, but with the move in April back to the US, and a baby due in June, I didn't want to overload myself. The college agreed too! Wow, I'm impressed with just the two classes, Vanessa. Moving while pregnant sounds difficult enough! Best of luck!
Well mamas, I think I'm over my hissy fit from yesterday, at least for the moment. So far this morning, she refused to sit on the potty when requested to, but decided at the last minute she would (when my DH asked her, not me). Then another accident happened. Oddly enough, she went straight to the bathroom after taking her wet pants off and made a few drops in the toilet. Of course, she declared she went to the potty by herself. I gotta laugh becuase otherwise I'd...
Thanks, Mamas. I didn't think about the photo, but it sounds like a cool idea. My older daughter will like that. I'm going to ask them a few days before if they have a special friend they'd like to take to school with them. They don't have specific "loveys" since they tend love all the stuffed animals equally.
Mamas, thank you so much for caring enough to share your stories. I appreciate it. Quote: Originally Posted by 3boysmom I remember this being stressful for several families and in the vast majority of cases, peer pressure won out and the kids had no problems once they got into the swing of the class. I really wonder why PT is pushed at this age (my school's rule is 2.5 and PT'd) when it obviously causes stress to families. I think there...
Blessed, THANK YOU. I feel a bit better. I'm seriously sitting here freaking out about it (for about the billionth time) and hoping for some responses. And I pride myself on not freaking out over dumb crap. Just wondering, though... At home, is your DD in diapers or underwear? Did you worry at all about what would happen if your DD had a poop accident at school?
I really have no one else IRL other than my DH to vent to, and I really need a listening ear so I don't go nuts over this issue. Basically, I was supposed to be placing my daughters (ages 3 & 4) in university childcare starting on January 16th. It will be their first time in childcare since I've been a SAHM this whole time. Prior to this semester, I've either had night classes, or my DH or MIL adjusted their work schedules to stay home with them. My husband exhausted...