or Connect

Posts by MamaMakingMemories

I had an incident at the park today where I thought for several minutes (probably about 12 minutes, but it felt like hours!) that my 5-year-old girl had been kidnapped. All the moms on the (very large) playground were helping me call and search for her, and I was freaking out. It turns out that she had run across the soccer field to the entrance by the street (far away from the playground) and was on the other side of some bushes, watching for some friends of ours to show...
Jim Gaffigan's wife
Manx Lullaby   Jesus Loves Me   Edelweiss   Silent Night and other Christmas carols   Said the Kind Kangaroo   Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty (which, incidentally, really was written as "Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty" and has been passed down that way in my family for generations; apparently a recent movie incorrectly popularized the lyrics as "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty")...so if you want to sing it right  .... now you know.
I'd say it's a pretty normal request, and it's for your own (and your baby's) benefit. Also, some midwives purposely say things like this in front of your partner so that your partner knows beyond a shadow of a doubt how important it is to take care of you and let you rest, instead of thinking you're just being lazy and acting like a princess. Hopefully, no woman who has just given birth would be in an situation like that, but most midwives have seen enough of the good,...
1st--On hands and knees in birth tub.   2nd--Squatting with the aid of a birth stool. Baby came out really fast.   3rd--Squatting with the aid of a birth stool. Baby came out super fast again. In fact, my midwife (same all 3 times) remarked afterward that, hindsight being 20/20, she actually should probably have had me get in a position where the baby didn't fly out so fast, as it would have been more comfortable for me and possibly would have led to less hemorrhaging...
This applies to me, too. I would like to try to conceive in July-September of this year, so as to end up with a late spring/early summer 2015 baby. I don't want the new baby's birthday to be too close to any major holidays (especially Christmas!) or my other three children's birthdays. Also, I am trying to work around my husband's busy times at work, so hopefully, he would be able to take a week or two off after the birth.    My two biggest issues are: 1) My husband...
I am considering conceiving a 4th child, and I am trying to plan ahead. After horrible engorgement and mastitis issues (with all of my babies, but especially with my 3rd), I swore that if I ever had another child, I would make sure to get an electric breast pump, as I just couldn't get enough milk out with my manual Lansinoh pump to make any difference. Mostly I just want to use an electric pump for the first couple of months after birth in order to relieve engorgement and...
I would love to see some ideas for easy-to-understand and easy-to-do science projects and experiments.   Please enter me in the contest. I subscribed to the blog.
I shared on Twitter: https://twitter.com/melissa012205/status/334315189585448960
I really like a lot of these suggestions and am already implementing many of them. The last one in particular, "Think big (theme-based learning, project-based learning)," is something I want to do more of with my kids.