or Connect

Posts by Eclipsepearl

Perhaps that's a good idea. I love the Radian both in the car and on the airplane but rear facing can be a bit trickier on an aircraft. It's certainly do-able with the Radian but if you can and want to buy the bucket, go for it. The Snugride goes to 22lbs and the Safeseat goes to 32lbs and I see it's for less as well. Looks like a better deal. That trip doesn't sound like fun with two layovers : This is my non-commercial article on the subject. Hope it...
Quote: Originally Posted by amma_mama We have been using a CARES harness since our DD was 2yo. It is much easier for us - nothing heavy/cumbersome to carry through the airport. It also solves the problem of our DD's incessant kicking of the seat in front of her when we did use the carseat. We have not had any problems with damage to carseat when we check it in - we just wrap it in a lot of bubble wrap. The CARES harness suggestion that this...
Booster seats are never approved for airplane use because all they do is position the shoulder belt, which airplanes don't have. Airplane seats also collapse so a booster doesn't protect. For a lighter seat, you may want to look into a Cosco Scenera. I flew with this one with my son and you can get one for as little as $40 (usually runs around $50). Also, look into the CARES harness. You can either purchase it or see if someone on Craigslist or Ebay is renting them....
I don't have one but I've seen it being wheeled down the aisles of airplanes a couple of times. If it can't fit, it's not because of the cart but the seat. I saw it on a Marathon and they had to pick it up (that's a pretty large seat but will fit on a decent-sized aircraft). Instead of purchasing this expensive product, I actually did better with a all-metal luggage cart and using an extra bungee cord to secure it. Works great and my seat weighs 25lbs. My dd can even...