or Connect

Posts by catholic74

I happen to know two brothers (grown men) where one is circ'd and the other is not. It was never a big deal at all. Not an issue. At some point, boys keep their privates private and they certainly don't talk about them! They talk about baseball and video games! Don't worry about it!
Your husband might never understand. This might always be a tense subject between the two of you. He might always be angry about it. My husband is, but don't give in to him. You protect that baby. You follow your instinct as his mother. Don't ever ignore that instinct.
Whatever your political persuasion, isn't the idea of having a breastfeeding Vice President pretty darn cool? From what I understand, Gov. Palin is breastfeeding her 4 month old baby who has downsyndrome. Talk about having an advocate on the inside! That's just really neat! :
I just recieved the fuzzi bunz diaper I ordered and without even having tried it yet, I already love it. I was looking at the instructions and it says not to use Free & Clear detergents. I have been using Tide Free on all my diapers. Is this not a good soap to use? Should I be using Charlie's or Allens Naturally? I didn't want to have to special order my laundry soap. I want to just be able to buy it at the store.
I ordered a fuzzi bunz...I'm not happy about the snaps....I much prefer velcro, but I'll live with it if I like the diaper..thanks...
I am new to CD and I have ordered many different kinds. My ultimate favorite is the Bum Genius AIO but I'm curshed that their largest size barely fits my son....he won't be in them much longer. He doesn't really fit them now, but I put them on him anyway. I'm sad about that. I've found myself using prefolds set inside of a diaper cover which is ironic because I wrote a previous thread about why anyone would use prefolds at all when they have AIO's!!! I'm...
I've had some issues with Target in the past, but I would buy the BG cloth diapers from them.....it would be great if cloth diapers were in the store (other than those cheap pre-folds, of course). One irritation I have is my local PX (I'm miliary). They sell the white gerber pre-folds, but not the plastic cover!!???They have those plastic pull on training pants, but that isn't really practical.They need the ones that you can form fit with velcro. Those plastic pants...
This has been great insight into all the cloth diapering options. I appreciate it. I can see now how different diapers meet different needs and preferences. I remember someone else wrote that they never used just one type in all their years of diapering becuase the baby changes and your needs change as well. We'll see where I land on the spectrum of things. I haven't had my AIO's very long so I don't know yet if they will start to stink! lol! We'll see! Maybe I should...
I'm new to Cloth diapering and have tried several different types of diapers. I love the All In One diapers. They are easy as pie. I'm curious. Why would anyone bother with the kind that need plastic diaper covers? Isn't it easier to just buy the All In One and not have to fool with the covers? Same goes with prefolds and snappies and pins, etc? Why bother with all that? I know All In Ones cost more, but isn't it worth the added convenience? Just wondering what...
Ok, it's the thanksmamam site...www.thanksmama.com that has those sampler offers....check that out....I would have gone with one of those had I seen them before I started buying one diaper at a time. I will say that I love that company. They respond the same day with any e-mail questions and the diapers always arrive at my door withint 2-3 days....pretty amazing!