or Connect

Posts by catholic74

Here's my situation in a nutshell.  I am due in the fall.  There is no midwife in my immediate area (believe me, I've looked!) and I give birth very, very fast!  I gave birth to my last two babies without any assistance...just me and my husband....but neither time was it intended to be that way. With the first, we didn't make it to the hospital.  With the second, the midwife didn't make it to us (and she lived within 30 minutes of us!)   I prefer to birth at home with a...
I birthed in what is called in the Bradley book a sitting squat (Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way..excellent book, please consider getting it, it has great advice on how to achieve a natural birth in a hospital).  It is "actually a full squat, except that you are tipped back on your bottom to make it a sitting squat."  There are pictures of it in the book.   The hospital I was in didn't mind it at all, probably because I was in the bed and it looks similar to their...
Thanks..I won't worry then...it hasn't happened again as far as I know...maybe it happens in the night or when I'm so busy during the day and I don't notice.
Last night, I woke up to the feeling of tightening in my uterus. I felt it and it was really hard, like a mild contraction, as if it was just tightening up, then after a minute it relaxed.  This was the middle of the night and I was half asleep, but I know I'm not dreaming.   It concerns me.  This is my 4th pregnancy, though it's been over three years since the last one. I don't remember having what felt like a contraction this early.  It hasn't happening since.  Anyone...
Ultimately, that is my worst fear....that my water is broken and labor still doesn't start, after all, plenty of women have their water break and don't have labor pains for days......on the other hand, it's true that I am at high risk of birthing alone at home or somewhere else. My husband says I"m not leaving the house the last few weeks!!    That would drive me crazy!  I've birthed alone before, though it wasn't planned and I'm not afraid of that, I just would prefer...
Hi Ladies,        I'd like to hear what you think about my situation and I'd like to hear any information or experience anyone has had that may be similar to mine.  With my last baby, my midwife discovered that for about 2 weeks before I was due, I was walking around 4 to 5 centimeters dialated!  She was surprised and strongly suggested I allow her to break my water because she knew my history of birthing very quickly and had a feeling she'd never make it if I went...
I have a similar dilemna myself and it makes me sad and frustrated too.   We're new to the area and I haven't been able to find a lay midwife at all and even if I could, we're not sure I could afford it, so I'm left with two choices....birth at home alone or just go to the hospital.   I'm not comfortable with the first option and I hate the second.    My reasons for not being comfortable with the UC is only in a small way the idea of birthing with someone there "just...
LOL!  I never heard of a "saving penises" pack before!  That's cute!  I'll keep it in mind if I ever need to send it to anyone.  I'm rather pessimistic about sending anything to anybody unless I'm specifically asked. I've just never had any luck when I send books/info that wasn't asked for.  I give people books they never read. I waste my time and money.   I feel sad and frustrated about it, but I've kinda given up on that whole thing.   I just found out my cousin is...
Women who don't believe in circumcision are a minority in this country right now.  The battle to reverse the trend to circumcize in America is in it's infancy and there will be a long, drawn out battle ahead of us.  We have to start in our own homes, with our husbands and partners, no matter what it takes.   Someday, our husbands will or will not understand, but I believe with each generation of boys who are left intact, the tide will turn in favor of more American...
This is my second year homeschooling and it's been tougher than the first because we've moved to a new place and we don't know anybody and there isn't a thriving homeschooling group here as there was at our last home. On top of that, we're in the dreaded winter months which can give homeschoolers that cabin fever thing so it's been really rough.  One of the biggest things my kids are suffering from is not having friends.  They just don't have a network of friends the way...