or Connect

Posts by catholic74

I didn't get morning sickness that soon, but I got it real early, the week after my period would have been due, it came on and hasn't gone away since (I'm about 6 weeks now).  It's mild nausea, but it never seems to go away so it wears me down.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 
I've always loved the french name MIREILLE, but I know no one in this country could pronounce it correctly, spell it correctly or appreciate it so forget it. I don't think my daughter would appreciate the aggravation.  But if I ever get a cat, I'm naming her mireille without a doubt!!!!   Cats have no worries!  
Now, I can do housework really well and I was a receptionist for a major electric company before I married so filing and organizing are second nature to me as well...........:)
Well, once I find local midwife (we just moved to the area), I will simply ask her what she can do for me.  I can't imagine what we would have to offer as barter that would equal the value of her fee!   The only thing I can think of really is that my husband is excellent with computers and can fix them, but what are the chances our midwife will need comuter repair?!   Well, we'll see what happens........
Thanks for all the answers. I can't imagine what my husband and I would have to barter!  It's got me thinking....hmmmm......well, I homeschool.....I could tutor or teach a class....my husband is amazing with computers, perhaps we might be lucky enough to get a midwife who needs her computer fixed!  :)   If I do find a local midwife, I'll ask her and see what she says.....I suppose you never know.
I used some sort of ice pack sanitary napkin after my second birth and it was heavenly.  I forget now where I bought them, though I know it was online.  They are ready made, in the box...you just pull one out, "crack or twist" it to cause the cold to start up and place them in your panties......felt so soothing.....loved them......I don't like to bother making things if I can buy them ready to go......just me.
I asked this question in the birth professionals forum and thought I'd toss the question out here too.  I posted earlier that we can't afford a midwife, but really want to have this baby at home.  I had the idea that perhaps I could ask a midwife is she would consider reducing her fee if I were to hire her only to assist at the actual birth and perhaps some after care.  I can get pre-natal care through my insurance so I would still get pre-natal care and would certainly...
Thanks for the congrats!  I am stationed at Fort Benning. I've inquired and from what I've learned, there just aren't any CNM's that do homebirths.  I intend to ask Tricare if they will cover a homebirth for me, but I don't hold out any hopes.    I understand that having a trusted relationship with your midwife is special and can be important to the birth, and ideally, I would prefer that, but if we can't afford it, we can't afford it, ya know?   I'm blessed with...
I thought this might be the best place to ask my question.   My husband and I are expecting our 4th child.  We are very excited and want to have our baby at home like we did with the last one.  Unfortunately, the reality is that we can't afford a midwife.  We are barely making ends meet as it is.   I considered have an unassisted  birth and while I still haven't ruled out that choice, I'm not very enthusiatic about it either.  My husband is military and so the birth...
I suppose it depends on the hospital.  I had my second child in the car on the way to the hospital ( a most un-sterile environment, I assure you!) and I don't recall them doing anything out of the ordinary with the baby.  It might have been that I was so aggressive about keeping her with me and not allowing them to take her anywhere or to wash her, etc.  I have a feeling that in some hospitals, once they sense that you are prefer a "hands-off" approach from the staff and...