or Connect

Posts by catholic74

I have been considering the "oops" scenario myself.  I had my last baby at home. I had a midwife, but she didn't make it in time. I birth very fast.  This time around, we just can't afford a midwife. It's as plain as that.  Even if we could afford one, I doubt she would get here in time.  My midwife woud literally have to live within a 20 minute distance to have a reasonable chance of making it to my house.  The hospital where I could go because my insurance covers me...
In hindsight, I became "anti-circ" the moment I discovered I was having a boy!  I didn't think much about it and always assumed I would do it like everyone else......then I became pregnant with a little boy and suddenly, when it was MY son, I felt deep reservations and anxiety.  Deep down, I knew I would never do it and even though I went through the motions of "doing research" and talking it over with my husband and doctor, deep down, the mothering instinct in me was...
Excellent video!!!  Thanks for sharing it!  I loved the clip at the end!  "Clean it more or chop it off!"  Mmmm?  Which one will it be?     I'm SO glad I didn't circumcize my son!  
I birth really fast.  My last birth, my water broke and the baby was out within 30 minutes, so I don't see myself going to all the trouble to buy, set up, tear down, a birthing tub.  I could use my bathtub, I guess, but it's pretty small and I'm just not interested. Besides, with the rate of speed I birth, by the time the tub was filled at just the right temperature, the birth would pretty much be over!     I birthed my son on the floor next to my bed (I had a rug...
It took us a year to concieve our first. Not sure why though we've always wondered if it was because I was coming off of birth control pills (wish I had never taken those things...I'm fundamentally opposed to artificial BC now, but you live and learn).  After the first, the next two babies came easily.  Now, I've been trying for 8 cycles for concieve #4 with no luck and I guess it might be my age. I'm 37.  I am ovulating but I don't get as much of that fertile mucus,...
Congrats on all pregnancies. I never test before my period.  I just can't bear being disappointed so I just wait for the day my perios is supposed to show up, then I will test the day or two after that.   I also don't want to "waste" a pregnancy test when I know my period will let me know if I'm not pregnant. Of course, I know that means I have to be patient and wait, but I'm able to do that because I more afraid of seeing that negative pregnancy test.   I'm 11 days...
I came across a post on FF that spoke to me.  The person was talking about how the pain of infertility if just as intense for a woman who is having secondary fertility as it is for a woman who has never concieved.   She mentioned that people often make the comment "Well, at least you have a child" to, in her mind, downplay her despair at not being able to concieve a second child.  It just got me thinking. I feel intense feeling about not being able to concieve #4. It's...
Marnica-I'm sorry about your miscarriage. I had one in October. I had never had one before so I was shocked.  It was especially painful since I've been trying to concieve these last 8 months.  It jus seemed so cruel. It was hard. There's no way around that.  I remember that my three year old was my biggest comfort.  I just cuddled him and sat with him in his room while he played.  I saw him (and still do!) as my only "baby" and felt relieved to have him. It might sound...
I'm waiting to ovulate too. My temps are really low this cycle....96.4 and 96.3...etc...of course I've only started charting last cycle so I don't know what's normal for me. My NFP charts don't go below 97.0 so I'm not sure how to record it.  I'm also using Fertility Friend which is wonderful!   I've been married for 10 years and we've always used NFP, but I never knew about Fertility Friend!  We always just used paper and and a pencil (when we charted, that is.....there...
I understand your frustration!  It's hard!