or Connect

Posts by catholic74

We're trying to concieve number 4. We've never even had to try with the last few...they just pop up like clock work every two years, but this baby doesn't seem to be coming. We've never used Birth control...just NFP and ecological breastfeeding. I am 36 now so I think maybe it's just my age. I know I'm still fertile, but I read that fertility decreases at my age but up to 50% sometimes. I'm trying no to feel sad or panicky.... I do have a question. The last few...
I live in a neighborhood full of kids so when the bus drops off the Public school kids, my kids are there waiting and they run around the yards (our yard connects with the neighbors on both sides) with the PS kids until dinner time. That is their social outlet. Look outside after 4:00 p.m. Are there kids running around? Make a point to take a walk up and down your street around that time or later and be friendly to any other mothers you see sitting out on their porch...
Is there anyone who is military who has had their homebirth covered while living in California? We will be moving to the Monterey area this summer with the military and I would like to look into homebirth coverage. I had my last baby at home (on a military installation), but we payed for it out of pocket. I understand there are circumstances where the military will pay for homebirths. Does anyone know if this is the case in California and also, a good place to find a...
I think a thread like this would be wonderful! I am new to homeschooling and being able to refer to a thread like the one suggested would be very helpful. I also feel that I could contribute even though I've only been homeschooling half a school year. I have already learned things by going through the emotional process of just deciding to homeschool, then jumping right in. I've already learned things that work or don't work or things that I love that I never would...
Hi ladies! A very good friend of mine just called to tell me that she is expecting and I am so thrilled for her! She asked me if I have any creative ideas of how she might tell her husband the exciting news. This pregnancy is very special for them. They already have children. The youngest is 7. They have been wanting another baby very badly and have been through some difficult times while waiting and hoping to be blessed again and thankfully, their prayers...
I have only been homeschooling for half a school year and when I first started homeschooling, I did join a local christian group. Mostly, I was interested in field trips. I went on one trip and it wasn't a bad trip, but the group was HUGE and I prefer trips that are just our family or maybe a trip with another homeschool family. I haven't been back. I did have to sign a faith clause or whatever they're called, but it was short and vague enough so that it didn't bother...
I use a packaged curriculum then just add/supplement whatever I want and that really helps me to not feel overwhelmed. It makes me feel in control. I have a plan, it's all layed out, books included, etc and yet I can feel free to try stuff or just go online and come up with something on a whim. I'm a new homeschooler and so I needed something like this and it's really been working well. I wasn't comfortable creating my own curriculum (though maybe someday I will be) yet...
My daughter takes a German class outside of the home and for music, I bought one of those intructional audio Cd's that comes with rhythm sticks so your child can learn to make a rhythm to fun songs. We'll see how that goes.
My daughter and I are new to homeschooling and we are still trying to work out a schedule (flexible, of course) for how we want to do things. We decided yesterday that we need more breaks in between subjects...short ones, maybe 15-30 minutes, depending on how we feel. I'd like some of your ideas on what we might do that is fun and/or relaxing, but that is also not to long or involved. I thought of reading, going to the park, watching a little tv, playing a board...
We started homeschooling yesterday. I have a unique situation where I'm homeschooling my oldest, while sending my middle child to pre-school. The morning I took my middle child to pre-school was a bit chaotic, without much explanation or instruction to us parents as to what was going on or what we were supposed to do. The lines were long and the place was crowded. I will keep it short, but not a few parents were irritated and some strong words were used by some parents...