or Connect

Posts by Ornery

I'd love to see a response!  I'm struggling with the same question.   Today was my 1st grader's last day at ps.  We could no longer look past her teacher's nastiness and had to yank her early.  I'm giving her a week or two to relax with a few trips to the library and other fun things to do.  I am not planning on doing unschooling so I do want a schedule in place pretty soon.  I'm just going to take it a day at a time.  I think for the first bit of "school", I'm going...
As part of a club I belong to, I am walking in Walk/run charity thing.  I personally do not support these type of charities but I do support the club and it is what the majority has decided on.  I posted a link on FB so that I could honestly say I did something but don't actually expect any donations from it.  If I wanted donations to something I really believed in, I would be calling and talking to people about it personally.  Mass posts or emails or texts oftentimes...
I'd love to join in here.  I'm pulling my daughter from ps at the end of this week and starting 2nd grade in June.  We'll be working on a few unit studies until then.   All About Spelling Growing with Grammar or First Language Lessons Writing With Ease Explode the Code REAL Science Odyssey History Odyssey Right Start or Math Mammoth Artistic Pursuits   I want to get my hands on the curriculum before buying the majority of it so will be waiting until...
All of my children have birthmarks on their scalps in about the same spot on the tops of their heads.  My oldest son has a different father than the younger two.  I've never found one on my head but my father has one at the exact same spot and his mother had one there too.   Very very strange.....Is is possible for that to be coincidental only?  I just found this statement, although I didn't find any back up studies, "Latest findings suggest a genetic deficiency in...
I don't see that type of environment to be necessarily abusive.  I don't see it as a good one for a child but can't classify it as abusive, in my mind.
I have the same issue with my oldest.  He is a fair skinned red head, but somehow got his father's super dark eyebrows that meet in the middle.  He chooses to wax occasionally and has since about 10.  It isn't a regular thing at all, just when someone starts to give him a bad time about it or when he has a new girlfriend to impress!
I'm in P2 and am feeling great!  Cravings, yes, but not hunger like my last aborted P2.  I'm really thinking it was the batch of drops as I'm using EVOKE again and am dropping weight well, loosing inches (already down two notches on my belt) and feeling so much better.    Yay for HCG.  I can't wait for my summer clothes!
I went through something similar in December.  The woman in question had two children, similar in age to the pedophile's target age.  The pedophile had been arrested twice for indecent exposure around a school or something along those lines and then went to prison for 2 years for sexual battery and assault of an 11 year old girl.  His story?  He got drunk and passed out in the same bed as a young girl and then accidently rolled over on top of her.  The woman believed him...
I live on the West Coast, about 50 miles inland.  While I don't choose to live in fear either, I am concerned and personally, I think my concern is justified.  Not necessarily that my children are going to walk outside and get immediate radiation poisoning or get cancer from what they are being exposed to right this second (which fluctuates between 30-70 cpm according to the radiation network) but that long term exposure to low levels of radiation is going to have a...
We love music from different countries.  Brazilian pop is usually fun and danceable.  Love, love, love Hawaiian music, one of my favorite artists is Israel Kamakawiwo`ole.  Most of what we listen to is in other languages.    Pandora is great for typing in a style and learning what artists in that style appeal to you.  We also make use of our library cds quite a bit and National Geographic Online has a music radio that can be fun to listen to.