or Connect

Posts by Ornery

My oldest ds and I lived with my mother and step-father on and off for his first three years.  He has always had a very close relationship with them.  Unfortunately, my stepfather is verbally and emotionally abusive so there have been times that I have had to cut off contact or just do supervised visits.  It is stressful but we are very matter of fact about all of it.  I found that if I really made a big deal about things with him, he picked up on my stress about it and...
If I remember correctly, you allow your 3 yr old to play outside on his own quite often, or used to regularly.  Could something have happened while he was on his own?  I'm not one to jump to abuse allegations but this really sounds quite concerning.  And just because he has been interviewed and it has been determined that he wasn't abused doesn't mean that he couldn't have been exposed to things he shouldn't have been.  I know nothing about your partner or your parents...
I'm getting back on the horse and I'm really excited.    I didn't lose much my last round and was starving the whole time no matter what my dose.  I was taking that darn lot #90476 and once I saw some of the feedback, I realized that maybe it wasn't just in my head.  I had to stop the program due to some life circumstances about a month ago and I've gained back a ton of weight.  Very frustrating to me, but it is my failure, not the plan's failure.   I started...
That link completely blew my mind.  Possom Pasties!
Sounds like a sty to me.  I had one in my nose years ago and it was similar, although I can't really remember if it moved around.  I think I used a bactroban ointment for 2 weeks and a hot compress and it never came back.     
I wouldn't be comfortable with someone knowing who I am on this website.  Luckily, my name is not one that is easily associated with me IRL.  I have told several friends about Mothering, and especially new mothers I come in contact with, or cite what I've read on here to back up some of my "out there" ideas like rear facing, extended breastfeeding, etc.    I agree with seeing George Clooney as sleazy.  I've always found his half smile to be completely unsufferable! ...
After researching further, I feel confident that at this moment, my family and I are safe.  If radiation reaches our coast, I don't believe it will be enough to impact us greatly in the short term.  I had an initial knee jerk reaction of fear, I think because it is easier for me to focus on what I can do to try to keep my immediate family from harm than it is to think about the magnitude of suffering in Japan.  I can do next to nothing to help the Japanese people except...
My husband is a painter and does bids all over Oregon.  He says that it depends on the difficulty of the exterior, if it has decks, is on a cliff, is multiple stories, right on the beach, etc.  For a typical house exterior that was 7 years old, he would bid $1 to $1.50 a square foot.  That is if it only needed a small amount scraped and then the whole house painted (which after 7 years should be sufficient for most houses).  He said that if the whole house truly needs to...
Anyone have a potassium iodine supplier online that is reputable and not sold out for the next two months?  I seem to have waited too long and now am unable to find it.  I'm very concerned and would like it for peace of mind (hopefully that is all I need it for).   Any other tips as to how to deal with this?  I ordered the seaweed extract, etc., again for peace of mind.    How about reputable news sources that might give us more accurate information than what the...
As I posted on another thread, I feel like this really changes the fact that Mothering is supposed to be a supportive environment.  How is it supportive if people are talking about other people?  How does gossip fit in with Attachment Parenting values?   And when is the new User Agreement going to be unveiled?  I would like to see what exactly the new agreement specifies.   ETA:  Speed is also a huge concern for me.  Why is attention being put on all these new...