or Connect

Posts by Ornery

If you are worried about it, maybe you could sit in on a few classes with her to see if they are a good fit?  I always recommed sitting in on a class or two before signing children up for things as some teachers or classes can be really bad fits for certain kids.
I'm sorry - I didn't mean to imply that you didn't view your DH as responsible.  I just wasn't clear who was going to stay with your little ones.   I never worried about my milk production or nursing relationship with extended nursing.  Heck, I was in the hospital for over a week when my youngest was 8 months and we went straight back to full time nursing.  My experience with extended nursing was that it was never an issue for us to have to take a small break as long...
Our younger ones (ages almost 7 and 5) still typically end up in our king sized bed almost every night.  Most nights they start out in their beds in their rooms (simply because when they go to sleep together they tend to stay up late giggling) and are in our bed by 11 or 12.    As for the pp who was worried about an older child feeling screwed up by sleeping with parents, my 15 yo ds slept with us (well, with just me until I married my DH when he was 6 and then us...
I would absolutely go, depending on who was staying with the little ones.  If it wasn't my husband, I would stay home at that age.  Otherwise, my DH is as capable and responsible as I am to take care of our children. 
That would freak me out.  Not because I am scared of rats, but because I would be scared the rat would decide my home was a nice place to live. 
Thanks for the commiseration on the lice ladies.  I did find a few more bugs in her hair after I treated it (UGH).  Luckily the nasty chemicals killed them all off so they were at least dead.  I do know that the olive oil and chemicals do nothing for the nits so we are spending a couple of hours three times a day picking through her hair.  I bought the super cool metal brush things as the plastic ones were totally bogus.  I'm also going through everyone else's hair but...
Argh.  After my post this morning, I found a louse in my daughter's hair!  I am totally freaking out.  We've never had it, even when I was a kid so this is new territory for me.   I treated everybody with the nasty chemicals and picked through everyone's hair.  She only had a few nits and I didn't find anything in anyone else's hair but I am still acting as if we all have it and am washing, drying and bagging everything not washable or dryer friendly in my house that...
I know nothing about the injections, sorry.  And I haven't watched Dr. Oz yet, don't think I will.    I'm still here though, finally recovering from my week long interruption.  I have not enjoyed eating super low calorie and not really losing for the past week so it was nice to wake up to a 1.5 lb loss.  I'm trying to decide if I should end this round and go on to P3 and then P4 and then do another round in 6 weeks.  I've lost a little over 20 lbs and have 23 lbs to...
Definitely.  But I would probably figure out a specific rule about no one touching baby.  It seems like once one person holds the baby, everyone thinks they should be able to, even if they have a horrible cold, flu, whatnot.
I had antibiotic resistant strep last summer for several months so I definitely feel for you.  And I didn't even have a newborn!    To get rid of my infection, I had to do three IV courses of antibiotics in the hospital and then continue to take antibiotics by mouth for almost a month.  That finally killed it off.  And then I did a ton of probiotics to repopulate my gut.  It was not a fun time.   None of my family or friends got sick from me, which I thought was...