or Connect

Posts by Ornery

While I can't imagine sleeping with my 15 yo son in my bed at this age, he did sleep in our bed off and on up until he was 8 and a half ish and he even slept in our bedroom one night (on the floor) about 2 years ago after watching a super scary movie.  I didn't think a thing of it and neither did my husband, and he is super mainstream.  My dd, who is turning 7 next month, still ends up in our bed most nights as does our almost 5 yo ds.  I can't imagine telling my child...
I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this.  My DH has been an alcoholic for years.  Sober at times and then binging.  It has been a very rough road.  My DH has gone to jail, has been hospitalized, gone through treatment multiple times, and so on.  He's currently sober and in recovery for almost a year but I can't focus on what he is doing at this point.  I have to focus on what I am doing to help myself.  Al-anon helped me a lot as did finding a...
I never make it to 500 calories.  I eat both proteins, both veggies, usually one fruit and no grissini.  I usually don't even make it to 400.  I don't stress on it at all.   Kwan Yin, Panserbjorne had a couple of bad bottles of D140 a short while ago.  She said it was a bad batch or something.  You might check with her.   I switched back to P2 and I'm feeling so much better already.  Something about it makes me feel so much happier and more...
We typically try to get at least an hour of physical activity in each day for the kids.  Even if the physical activity consists of playing on the swings!  Walking to and from school is a great way to get it in.  Our school really promotes walking and biking.  They have several Walk to School days a month where they encourage the kids to walk together.  Even people who typically drive their kids drive them to a drop off spot and then all the kids walk from there.    I...
I almost always do two ring ups.  I'm lazy and don't want to mess with receipts anymore than necessary.  But I tend to go shopping when there is less likelihood of having a ton of people in line behind me.  When I grocery shop, I always have food groceries separated out from paper supples/misc.  Then when I get home, I'll sort out the misc items and determine which budget item they fall into. 
My 6 yo dd walks that far to school almost every day and some days home as well.  Occasionally I do drive her if it is really bad weather.  My 4 yo ds accompanies me on the walk and then home so he logs in almost 4 miles a day.  We are trying to use our bikes more now that the weather is starting to break.  Of course, we have always hiked, walked, biked, etc.    I would not have my 8 yo child walking back and forth to school that far on their own though.  Not because...
When I WOH, my oldest went to daycamps all summer long through the local Y.  They have a super cool daycamp site about 20 minutes outside of town and he had a blast.  They also had before and after camp care.    For SAH parents or parents with flexible schedules, a 5 day half day program might work but I think most parents are going to have a hard time with a 3 day week.
I am an exceptionally "picky" eater.  Always have been.  It all is about texture for me.  It was a huge realization that it wasn't about me being "picky" or not liking the way things taste, it was the texture.  I can't stand cooked vegetables, can eat only a few kinds of meat and then only occasionally, can't do beans or potatoes, can't really enjoy a lot of foods.  I've tried really hard to desensitize myself as I don't want my children picking up on it but still can...
I've decided to move back into P2 and treat the last 5 days as an interruption.  I'm not have gaining issues (in fact I was losing still) but I hadn't prepared for P3 properly and I'm afraid to ruin the past month's worth of work.  So back to P2 I go.  Here's to happy releases!