or Connect

Posts by Ornery

I drank 3-4 Diet Cokes a day for the past 21 years, the only exception being when I was pregnant and I quit.  I was diagnosed with a chronic incurable disease late last year that I really believe is connected.  My sister drinks 3-4 a day as well as does my father.   I am now on my 21st day of no Diet Coke and I feel so much better.  But I miss it every day.
Birthgreeter, my thoughts are with you and your family.  Please do be gentle with yourself.   Congrats to all of you who are making your goals and moving on.  That has got to be so exciting.  Those pictures are amazing.  I hope to have some to post in a few months!   I am on VLCD 20 and down 16.4 lbs which is wonderful for me.  I was planning on going to 21 days, taking a 7 day break for a planned interruption and then finishing out the 40.  However, I am feeling...
That is an interesting article, thank you for sharing it.  It doesn't apply to my specific situation as I hadn't ever had a root canal until last month and I've never had amalgram fillings or any tooth extractions.   Honestly, I think in my circumstance I have a little more interest in the aspartame connection with MS.  I don't know enough about the science behind that, but I know I've been drinking 4-5 cans of Diet Coke since I was 11.  I'm 32 now.   That is a whole...
Glad to hear I'm not the only pickle lover whose hopes have been dashed Clovergirl!  I'm thinking I might order some of that protein powder, just to check it out.    Next question for all you wonderwomen, I used EVOKE for this round and have done great with it.  However I noticed that several of you are using D140.  What are your thoughts on the differences, if there are any?   Thanks!
I was all excited as I found pickles that were P2 friendly (just cukes, apple cider vinegar and spices).  I ate two spears yesterday and today when I first woke up I was up 1.2 lbs.  At my second weigh in a half hour later (I always weigh less a half hour after I wake up), I was back down to where I was yesterday but hadn't lost anything.  I'm wondering if they are going to put me into a stall or if my body just isn't used to the amount of sodium in them and it caused me...
Just to make certain this is what you mean, Smithie, as a woman who got pregnant and whose boyfriend took off after I moved out from his apartment, it was his right to choose to walk away and leave me to figure out how to support our son?  It has been his right to not pay any child support for 15 years by working under the table and moving constantly?    Do your thoughts on this change when it was him who lied and told me he had been tested and he was shooting blanks...
I have a 15 yo with some serious chore avoidance issues.  He is in charge of his clothes and has been for at least two years.  He did go through a few stinky weeks/months at first trying to see what happened if ge didn't do his laundry.  What happened is his friends started making fun of him.  Now he still does sometimes wear dirty stuff because he forgets to wash but overall he keeps his stuff clean.    As for chores, we ended up sitting down at the table and...
I just saw this.  I haven't seen any other threads around here but I haven't really looked.  I was officially diagnosed with MS in October after an episode of optic neuritis in April that was undiagnosed, bladder and bowel issues all summer and then losing the use of my right arm for quite awhile.  They finally did MRI's and I had multiple active lesion in my brain and spine.   Since then, it has been a huge rollercoaster.  At the end of November, I went into...
The undies that really helped my daughter with this issue (same age, same issue) were Hanna Anderson.  It felt like we tried a million pairs and nothing worked until we got her them.
Lianne, our stories sound so similar.  I started right before Christmas, took a break as I just wasn't able to fight the cravings, started back up January 16th (my ambition to start right after the new year didn't work out so well), am planning on taking a 7 day interruption eating P3 foods on Feb 16th (I have a planned Girls Weekend Off from the 18th through the 21st) and then I am going to go back to P2.  We'll see how things go.  If my body doesn't seem to like any of...