or Connect

Posts by annakiss

Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia the Muse I agree that the first is not too intense for a not-too-fearful four-year-old. Some of the later books I wouldn't spring on a kid younger than eight or so. However, you might find that it's kind of BORING for a four-year-old; it takes Sorceror's/Philosopher's Stone a while to get going. My 4yo is indeed bored by it.
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear My "conversion" to conservatism came about gradually after I graduated highschool. In highschool I was active in our local Green Party chapter and the ACLU. Among other things. After high school I happened to make a lot of intelligent adult friends with more conservative ideas. I found (to my chagrin) that they were very well-educated about their decisions and that, generally, my arguments did not stand up to...
Btw, ultrasounds of any kind are not indicated for every pregnancy and should not be routine. Of course, the same can be said of OB care.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrayn They of course don't say anything about the option to decline! They never do!
I never got to nurse my first son and I haven't felt really comfortable coming into this forum until I had an "older" nursling. Well, DS2 is finally nearly "older." In 14 days he will be 2. He still nurses a lot. In fact, I think he nurses more now than he did when he was an infant. In the mornings, my nipples feel like hamburger because he switches back and forth for what seems like four hours. I don't mind though. I have no problems with the nursing. Sometimes I have...
Even still, 2 hours should be plenty. It's fine if you just don't want to go, and if that's a concern of yours, then it's a concern of yours, but it really should be totally fine for you to go. Any doctor would say so. Was your son early though?
I would have a really hard time with that. I was away from my 3.75 yo DS for about 3 days once, which was fine, but 7 days is a long time. I have my babies at home and am very comfortable with pregnancy and birth in terms of fear of medical concern, so I'd have no problems going with them, however. On the off chance of something happening to you, a couple of hours should be plenty of time to seek medical care. If you really just don't want to go because you have very...
No, it is not routine. And the MMR shot is not required for college entrance. You should be able to get a waiver, no problem, fyi.
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear Also, I used to be a member of the Green Party, and now I am pretty politically conservative. Wow. I didn't think that was possible. :
Quote: Originally Posted by lalaland42 I would "feel" that it was time for him to have a brain scan done. DH has been an atheist since he was 14 and I would seriously think he had a brain tumor if he started following a relgion, any religion. I agree! My DH has been a staunch atheist forever, so for him to choose religion would be like the world turning inside out. Especially since he's an academic. It would just be completely bizarre. I...