or Connect

Posts by amberc727

I love Arbonne and would love to sign up as a rep, but like you, parties just don't seem to be my thing. I used to do Tupperware and asking people to host parties was like asking people if they wanted anthrax :-(.  I don't know how people do it.
Well it's not so much that I want to get reimbursed from insurance because I know my plan sucks and even if it were legal, they wouldn't send me a check.  I just have to show the flex spending account people that I submitted it and send them the EOB showing what the insurance did with it.  The flex people don't need her name or anything, so the receipt to the insurance company won't show her name or her license number, only the name of the "company" of midwives which is...
I live in NC and had a HB on 1/12/13.  We were planning on getting reimbursed our midwife's fee through our flex account, and I already checked with them and they were fine with it.  However, their regulations state that we have to file our insurance FIRST so they can make sure we're not going to get reimbursed twice.   So my question is, has anyone filed a claim for a HB in a state where HB's are not legal?  Or I guess, help from ANYONE who has filed a claim...
Occasionally my aunt and cousin will babysit my kids for a few hours, usually so I can go for a doctors appointment or something. They are good kids, ages 2 and 5, that's what they always tell me when I pick the kids up. They have never asked for payment but I feel like I should offer them something just because I tend to think it is a burden for people to watch them. My aunt babysat my siblings and I when we were little and my dad didn't pay. I don't know, I feel weird. I...
You're very lucky that the birth environment where you live isn't hostile.  Here in NC, it's very hostile.  :-(
Hi! Yep, I remember your message about that! Good to see you here! I figured this might be a better home for me.  I've been a member here for years, just never posted very much.  I hope to change that. :-)
I know how you feel! This past spring I had actually hired a personal trainer 2x/week and was all set to finally lose 80 pounds (marriage weight) and get down to a healthy level.  I was doing really good and was so motivated, and then one day, realized my period was several days late, lol.  I wasn't planning this pregnancy so it really kind of got me down when the morning sickness hit and I wasn't able to go out of the house anymore, so I haven't worked out in over 2...
Hi ladies,   I'm new to this board.  I am pregnant with my 3rd child, due 1/9/13.  I have a 4yo little boy and a 22mo little girl.  The were both born at free standing birth centers but we're planning our first HB for this baby.  This little one was quite a surprise for us, but a pleasant surprise and we are all so excited!  If my headaches would go away, everything would be great!  I look forward to getting to know you all!
This is based on my experience...   Depending on your insurance, you may be able to get an in-network exception AFTER the fact.  When I was pregnant with my daughter in 2010, I didn't even know such a thing existed.  I had Aetna and was planning a delivery at a free-standing birth center.  They were out of network, just like the other birth center was where my son was born in 2007.  My MW told me about this exception and Aetna easily granted it, so I thought,...
I am planning my first HB.  My first two babies were born in free-standing birth centers here in NC.  My MW says I'm a perfect candidate for a HB and knowing how my first two labors went, I feel good about this.  What I can't figure out is the issue of back-up care.  There are really only 2 doctors in this area who will even do this, and both are about an hour from me.  One I'm not comfortable with at all.  I saw him at the beginning of my last pregnancy and he was...