or Connect

Posts by eastmillcreekmama

Most of this is true for me, too. But one of the crunchiest things we do is EC, and not just at home, but when we venture forth from our rural hamlet and living-on-the-land lifestyle, we will pee our toddler in parking lot medians, public parks, and even right on the parking lot pavement. After I was doing this with my daughter for a while, I read some threads in the EC board, and realized that some people were really freaked out by this. oops! But honestly, I just get...
This happened with my oldest too, for the first 6-8 weeks, she only pooped every 4-9 days. I was worried, my ped wasn't. I finally talked to a number of people who had seen the same thing, and considered it normal, even though all the books say they should poop several times each day. My midwives suggested that some babies use their breastmilk so efficiently, there's just not much left over to poop out. Eventually, she began pooping at least once a day.   Good luck!...
I try every 20-30 minutes, in the absence of signals, or at a fuss sign. I'll hold DS over the toilet, and if he doesn't have to go, boy will he let me know right away. If he does need to go, he'll usually allow his bum to sink lower, and begin pushing. Occassionally, even when he refuses, he does need to go. He also will stop nursing and look at me if he needs to go while nursing. I also second the mama who said that her LO will feel the wetness, and stop before letting...
How do you keep his pee from shooting all over the bathroom??? I mean the wall, the floor, the back of the toilet!  I've tried aiming his penis, but even that sometimes creates a spray! Yikes! He tends to shoot up and to the left. With my daughter, I used a tupperware in bed at night, but I can't do this with him, it ends up all over the bed.    Anyhow, anyone have suggestions?  
my babe was having a similar issue...i have taken to interrupting his nursing after the first big rush of milk to burp him, and then putting him back on. i don't always get a burp, but it seems to reduce the puking. hope that helps! it also seems to be getting slowly better, my guy is almost four weeks old.
you did it! Congrats on a successful VBAC, you are a goddess
    Hi ladies,   Here's our as yet unnamed beauty boy on Day 3...We had a fantastic birth. He was 7 lbs. 12 oz., 21 inches long, and his head was 13 and 3/4 inches! yikes!   My waters broke spontaneously at 1:35 AM with a trickle. I woke DH and we got up to get myself situated, and then went back to bed. I was a little amped but did get some sleep after timing some pressure waves at about 8 minutes apart. We got up in the morning around 7, started...
All I can say is that I'm in the same boat. Except that I don't know whether my baby is a boy or girl. Just trusting that the right name will show up when the time is right, just as our wedding vows did, the night before we were married! 
Horray! COngratulations!  
HI ladies,   I've been having the same. I thought it was an early labor indicator too, though I still need to wait another at least 5 days for my safe homebirth. But then my daughter got the runs. I think it's a virus. Interesting so many of us have it... anyone else's weather change quickly? Ours was winter until a week or two ago and now it's suddenly summer. Sometimes, from the CHinese medical perspective, these kinds of changes can precipitate cleansing in this...