or Connect

Posts by eastmillcreekmama

Many thanks for this thread. I've been away from mothering.commune for a while, and came around looking for weaning party ideas, but thought I'd check in with the GD folks...I have been feeling SOOOOO frustrated with my 2.75 yo lately, with the screaming matches, tantrums, strong desire to do inappropriate things, etc. etc. It helps to hear of others feeling the same way! Grateful for all of you! My husband is mostly really good at pre-empting meltdowns by keeping...
I agree with mamaduck completely. I certainly honor that tantrums WILL happen, and when they do, I work on honoring and labeling what my child is feeling. There's a lot of great sentiments on tantrums in Becoming the Parent you Want to Be (you can google it to find it, it's a book). They basically say that what's happening with tantrums is that the child is experiencing emotions too powerful to process in the moment, and that they need support in dealing with them,...
When my DD was your DS's age, I somehow discovered that if I carried her in a sling or carrier that she wouldn't pee on my usually. Go ahead a try that for "nakey" time or time without pants, just make sure it's an easy in-easy out carrier, so you can offer when you think she needs to go. Give as much naked time as you're comfortable with. The more you do, the more practice you get, the clearer this signals, but don't overwhelm yourself, take it at the pace you can...
I suppose it depends...for me, I consider my DD a graduate, even though I regularly still help her to the potty. She does it by herself sometimes, but we've been out of diapers since 16 mo (she's currently 24 mo) and I loaned out her diapers. In fact, she just had a stomach bug, and after she had one #2 accident (sorry if TMI), she never again had a poop accident...I was impressed!
Hi ladies, thanks for these thoughts, anyone else? Thought I would bump the thread up, I've been away from the computer for a while, too much stress. Thanks!
I am wondering if anyone else has had a dramatic shift in emotional health post nightweaning? I began the process several weeks ago, and that coupled with numerous other factors left me in a tail-spin. I'm curious if the hormonal shifts related to our weaning were a significant or insignificant contributing factor. Just looking for other's experiences, please... Thank you
Quote: Originally Posted by Norasmomma It is a power struggle she has always wanted to be the boss. She is a bossy little girl, and ultra independent. So I finally gave her the decision, I told her she could stay home by herself with the dog while I went to town or get dressed and go with me. She said "no" so I said "I'm going out to the car, bye, if you want to go you need to get dressed." She then said she wanted to get dressed and go to town. ...
My absolute all time favorite is "oo-mick" Which is how my DD says music. Oh it kills me! Otherwise, her speech and vocab are very well developed...
Hi Ladies, I'll join in ... My husband and I just started building our own house this past May. This is our third construction project, and definitely our largest, and we have learned a lot in the previous two projects. I can really relate to stretchmark's comments about spending money while not working and the equation of working for $ and paying for labor, vs. saving money and doing the work yourself. Anyway. This house is our final, long-term house. It's about...
There is a section in Ingrid Bauer's book that sort of addresses this question, it basically says that diapers definitely prevent an infant/toddler from exploring themselves while they are wearing diapers, and that many kids immediately begin playing with themselves when the diaper comes off. I'm not sure about numbing, but I definitely think touching yourself at an early age is probably an important part of developing our sense of pleasure/sexuality/connection with...