or Connect

Posts by VanessaS

Quote: Originally Posted by blueturtle Ds is 5.5. We found the world's perfect school for him - it's called a University Model School, and kids go to school two days per week and work at home the rest of the week. We've found the same type of school. Sounds just right.
They like to organize and sort toys but they don't actually play with them.
Quote: Originally Posted by kgianforti remember how we were discussing the PreK CTC math books...well, when I ordered the K Math Reasoning book a few months back, they said the green combo (3 and 4 yo) book was discontinued! The sales rep. said that parents were complaining that it was too hard for entry level math for the 3 year olds. Too hard? I'm telling you, people out there are crazy.
My child = 3
We just do the homework. We do other work at home that isn't related to school. Non-worksheety stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerle Hey, you're back! I hope you'll tell us more about both kids' evaluations. I'm guessing FSIQ means full-scale, but what's PIQ? Pattern recognition? I am glad to hear you've got an avenue to pursue and that you feel speech therapy will be helpful. Performance IQ (spatial reasoning involving blocks, puzzles, rotating 2D images, etc.). PSQ (processing speed / timed pencil+paper tasks) was 122 (93%). She noted...
Quote: Originally Posted by no5no5 Ohhhh, you mean she got a 122 full scale, and a 99% in the verbal section? That is interesting kgianforti. We just got our son's IQ test results back. She used the WPPSI-III and he scored a FSIQ of 121 (92%) with a PIQ of 137 (99%) and a Verbal IQ of 98 (45%). So you see, his scores were skewed dramatically in the nonverbal direction. In the verbal test breakdown (she did more than just WPPSI) it's obvious...
Quote: I've heard that countries where children learn to read later (8 and 9 years old) they have 100% literacy rates, don't know how that affects the love of reading though. Actually, it's in countries where the children are formally TAUGHT to read later that literacy is higher. That doesn't mean that the children can't read earlier, as some children teach themselves to read. And in those countries reading aloud to children is much more...
Thanks!
Quote: I agree with Freeman about providing "work" at home if he is truly missing educational opportunities from his last preschool. Ditto here. It's just play school for us, too.