or Connect

Posts by wendyland

I love living in St. Louis, but I also have a small house in SE MO. I love living in stl with so much to do and so much is convenient. I also love the quiet of our country house. What about living just outside where there are less ordinance? Like Jefferson county or pacific? You can find pockets where you get more of a country feel. There are definitely pros and cons. I'm actually thinking about moving to Illinois but I'm scared I will hate living so far from my...
I used to be a big time sugar addict . I feel that I've kicked it for the most part. Occasionally, I have times where I want something sweet but its not as intense as it used to be. The paleo diet has really helped me. I'm very sensitive to wheat, which is what drew me to the lifestyle. I've done a couple whole 30 challenges. Over the past year and it has done wonders to break the sugar cycle. I use a little sugar in my tea daily and eat a piece or two of fruit. ...
I have this type of insurance.  I had like $1600 dollars worth of blood tests last year (which told me nothing but I'm low in vit d) and I only had to pay $140 out of pocket because the insurance company still has negotiated prices.  The only year I actually met the deductible was the year I had my daughter.  I actually like having the high deductible plan.  It has saved us money.      
I didn't get my appetite under control until I switched to eating lower carb.  I follow the Primal Blueprint way of eating.  You can read about it at marks daily apple.   I lost 10 lbs the first month, but I have a lot to lose.  The first week was very hard.  After that, I've had no cravings and have to make myself eat enough calories in a day.  I used to be ravenous on 1800 calories, but now I feel very satiated on 1200 - 1400.  I eat between 50 - 70 carbs a day. 
That's awesome.  It feels great to not feel that sugar craving all the time.  I just reached the end of my 3rd week and have lost 9lbs, but I have a LOT to lose.  I love being primal.  I ate a few balls of sesame chicken last night from a chinese restaurant.  I really paid for it.  I didn't expect my body to react so much to it.  It was a good reminder to stay on track.    
HI!  I haven't been on MDC in awhile.  I've been hanging out at marks daily apple this month.  I'm glad to see a lots to lose tribe.  I have roughly 100lbs to lose.  Sounds daunting in print.     I started a primal 30 day challenge almost 3 weeks ago.  I first 5 days were hell, but it's getting better.  I've had a few slip ups, but I'm doing well.  I was initially cutting out grains, dairy, and sugar. I now allow a tiny bit of dairy (I didn't eat much before) and a...
I just read Everyday Paleo.  I thought it was a great book, especially for moms.  I thought I was buying a cookbook, but it was way more than that.  I also like Marks Daily Apple   I decided to cut out grains, dairy, and sugar for one month.  Then, I'll pick and choose what I add back into my diet and see how I react to each food.  I know that I have an allergy to wheat, but don't know any more than that.  I did it cold turkey because I've tried to reduce my...
I freeze ginger root. I've read not to, but it works for me.  I mainly use it in stirfries or for a little ginger kick.  I like having it in the freezer for when I need it.  I also keep my bay leaves in the freezer.  Not sure if that has any negative effect on the leaves, but again, I don't use them that often.   I hate bread that has been frozen.  It taste weird to me afterwards.    Once I get a separate freezer, I'm going to freeze the blackberries that we'll...
I've had my frigidaire front loader for 11 years.  Everytime something has gone wrong(maybe twice), we've been able to find forums with instructions on how to fix it.  It's saved us a lot of money.  On the other hand, if I had a washer that I hated and kept breaking down, I would totally get a new one. 
I would find a place to get it tested.  That would ease your mind a little and be better prepared for what you're dealing with.  You can get a whole house filter.