or Connect

Posts by marblesmama

Katherine, Thanks for such a thoughtful reply; it reminded me that while we all (even/especially! MOMs) have our own life dramas going on, so does everyone else. Mental note to self (I seem to have to make this one periodically): give others the benefit of the doubt!
oh, am I with you...every time we have other kids over, I realize again how blessed I am with my two (twin two year olds)! Somehow, they never wreck the house, but add even one more kid and it takes 5 minutes. What I do, when I remember ahead of time, is put away almost all of the toys...that way there's less to wreck. And I don't try to do anything else except play with them. We do lots of group games, too, like "be a choo-choo train" or "ring around the rosy" We also...
Okay, first I love the schizo thought! Second, Dodo, I realize that almost always when I get mad at my two (twin 2 1/2 yo), it's because they *usually* act 5, and I'm expecting them to act 5, and really they're only 2 and sometimes they act 1! Now, for my vent, which no one else may even feel bad for me...I'm upstairs for my preciously little time to work on my dissertation, with dh watching the kids downstairs, and I just heard him yell at ds for not peeing in the...
Hi Princess, Have you thought about getting a mother's helper? I had a neighborhood girl come in once or twice a week for about 18 months. One girl was 13, the other was 11...although sometimes I felt like I was parenting ANOTHER kid, usually it was a big help! Usually, they were holding one baby while I held the other (both very high needs for holding!). Of course, there were tons of times when they both wanted only mommy, so then she would help me put in a load of...
Oh, Twinmommy, hang in there! My ds and dd are a little over 2 1/2 now, and they both made it through the exact same stage your little ones are in. Of course, then one or the other of them would go right back into it, so for a while it felt like it would never end, but, really, it has. Stick with your instincts and your heart, and get as much help as you humanly can. I will admit that sometimes I just couldn't take it and would occasionally say, (ok, yell), "just cry"...
There's a great book called Mothering your nursing toddler, published by LLL. It has a big section on nursing when pregnant and tandem nursing. Also check out K. Dettwyler's research. And most of all, trust yourself!
yet another vote for rotating toys. We also rotate toys around to different rooms of the house--it's amazing, but then it seems like a brand new toy. Also, what about doing a toy exchange with friends? Or, we have a local toy library, which I LOVE. If you have something like that, you could donate some of yours, and then always be able to go check them out again. We, too, have lots of plastic bins, and use shelves and under couches/coffee tables to store stuff. ...
I'm Mommy most of the time, although my 2 1/2 yo dd is experimenting with "mom"...which I'm not ready for! Twin ds calls me mommy And occasionally, I'm honey, or first name, esp. if they just heard Daddy call me that (same for him)
Lex, Obviously, I am just new to this and have all kinds of things to reply about... Here's our variation on the king size bed...we have a California king, AND we turned it sideways. Because neither of us are tall, we still fit on the bed and have even more space for us and the kids. It's on the floor, in a corner, so it's baby, mommy, baby, daddy as bed rail. And we all have our own blankets. Also, I didn't learn how to nurse either of them lying down until about...
My favorite irritating comment of all time was when I was pushing the double stroller with 7-week old infants, and some very well-meaning woman looked at my huge post-partum self and asked when my next one was due!!!! When people say they can't imagine having twins, I smile and say, "No, you can't. And I can't imagine having triplets!"