or Connect

Posts by pmjmomma

lol, OK, so I was poking around here tonight with my teething baby, and I stumbled across this post. . . Of course, Luna, I just had to answer! Yep. P did this for about 6 months. We would constantly hear ". . . He exclaimed" or ". . . He answered dejectedly" Got to the point that I was expecting something out of those old detective movies. . . "it was a dark and stormy night. . ."
Sure. In a typical day, we get up, preform hygine rituals, eat a few times, learn a lot, read a lot, and go to bed. Beyond that, I can't think of anything "typical" about what we do. some days the kids grab books and tell me we're doing school. some days they play with playdoh all day. ask me which days they learn more. . . I guess as they get older, we'll fall into a routine of sorts, but so far, none that we have tried have seemed to work for us.
you say spoonfuls. . . have you tried offering soft pieces of food? none of mine have accepted much off of a spoon for long, but all have loved to eat fruit and veggie pieces with the rest of the family at meals. . . Still, at that age, eating isn't really about filling up or nutrition, so I wouldn't worry if it's still not happening.
BUt what about the fact that most things start with a runny nose? I'm sorry, maybe I'm just hypersnesitive to this issue, but I have seen infants catch RSV from people who "just have a cold" that's because in most people, RSV behaves just like a cold. but in susceptable people, it can be very serious. I had an aquantance here who had a stillborn b/c she contracted fifth's disease from her dd, who got it from a child who was sent to preschool with a "cold". ...
My 3 year old dd has a profound phonological disorder, mild gross motor delays, sensory issues and some autism spectrum behaviors. She's also got the best sense of humor that I've ever seen on a kid in my life. My 5 year old has also always had sensory issues, but I think we didn't notice them for a long time because she was cognitively and physically advanced for her age. She seems to be mastering a lot of her issues with age and attention, which is great. We...
I use it. I read an article out of a british publication (sorry, I'm a scatterbrain when it comes to sources. . . I read it, and if I trust it, I do it and forget the background. . . ) that suggested the use of flax in children dealing with ASD issues. My middle dd is on the mild end of the spectrum, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I found a marked improvement in her sensory issues, and so did my 5 year old (she has some mild sensory issues regarding smell and taste)...
a few more. . . dx - diagnosis tx - therapy EI - Early Intervention
I really hadn't decided yet when the decision was made for me. . . my eldest dd heard someone talking about santa coming down our chimney, and was terrified of that concept. both of the home invasion concept, and that he might get stuck or burned. So we very quickly explained that it wasn't "real", but that we could use Santa to emboby a spirit of giving. She still loves to make gifts for people and tell me she's acting as Santa. Based on that experience, we decided...
yk, I think about this a lot. when I was a kid, I didn't "fit in", so I know wht it feels like. But by the same token, I try to remember that the expectation that your dd has to watch sponge bob to be cool now will only grow into the expectation that she smoke or drink to be cool. It's a harsh reality to face, but I figure my kid is 5.5 now. I was offered my first cigarette at the age of 9.5 by a 15 year old who approached a group of us at the local park (yes, we were...
a good chiro who works with children can work wonders on persistant fluid. With my dd, a friend who does Reiki and cranio-sacral worked with her for a few weeks and it finally cleared up. I'm very careful about who touches my kids, though. I would do lots of research. . . .