or Connect

Posts by jordanac

Hi all - It's has been awhile since I have posted to this board. I am pregnant with twin - boy and girl - due in the summer. A week and a half ago I had my mid-pregnancy ultrasound. The radiologist mentioned in his report of our little girl that he could not see a clearly defined vermis on the cerebellum and that he was stating this could be Dandy-Walker Malformation. There was not a cyst present nor was there hydrocephalus. Does anyone have a child with...
Did they give you a rescue med after her status? Something like Diastat to have on hand if her seizures last for 5 min +? If not, then that could be something to ask about as well. A friend also had a nose spray compounded for the same thing. I think it was originally from Canada.
Hi Granola - First of all - It is so scary to watch your LO experience a seizure and even more so when there are so many in a shorter period of time. My son is 2.5. He started having seizures at 4 months old - he went through a battery of tests. EEG, VideoEEG, and MRI. His condition is genetic and effects more than just his brain and seizures. I don't post here very much but I wanted to respond to your post - I don't have all the answers but I have a...
wow - and I thought I was feeling this pregancy a lot earlier - I could NOT imagine carrying anything more than 2 - but 11?!
Hi All - I'm in recovery from HG - my 4th pregnancy - it's been a LONG road that began the 1st of Nov. HUGS to all of you still walking the long difficult road - the end of the sickness WILL COME - even if it doesn't seem like it will - hang in there! Just wanted to say that I took a drug this time that worked amazingly well - it's called Kytril. My insurance wouldn't approve Zofran but would approve this chemo drug because it is FDA approved safe in pregnancy. I...
Hi Maggie - congrats on the twins! I know how you feel! :-) We found out we were expecting twins around 10 weeks too - I'm 17 weeks now! They will be numbers 4 and 5 for us and our oldest will be 6 in April - so 5 kids 6 and under for us - we have 3 boys - so we are hoping for at least one girl but as you said 2 more boys would be just as fine too! Hope bed rest goes by quickly for you - I've pretty much been in bed since Nov 1st due to Hyperemesis and I'm just now...
Thanks again everyone for your responses! Each and everyone has helped me in processing this experience - from helping me relax in knowing others had experienced the same thing - to knowing that I'm still early for a lot of movement to be felt in my big uterus! :-) I had some reassurance this morning as I had a routine appointment with my midwife. We heard both babies heartbeats loud and clear with the doppler and also heard both babies move on the doppler. I actually...
Thank you all so much! It is so reassuring to read each of your experiences! It is nice to know that other moms have experienced the same thing. Both twins were very active in the ultrasound - so much so the tech was starting to get frustrated. I didn't think to ask the position of the placenta - but that would make sense it might be in front of Baby B! Grateful for the quick replies! jordana
Just curious - was it normal for you to feel more movement from one twin than the other? I have felt both move but they seem to move at separate times - and today I've only felt baby A move. I'm between 16-17 weeks, 4th pregnancy.
thanks! Searching did not even enter my brain!! sorry for reposting this!! j