or Connect

Posts by pumpkin

When I was 18 and leaving for college, my family was converting my room faster than I could pack. Even though I didn't have a room anymore, there was still always a comfortable place for me to sleep when I visited or stayed there for the summer. I would absolutely let guests use an available bed.
The situation you are describing has so many red flags. You are in love and that is fantastic, but it is only one part of deciding on a lifelong spouse. You need to evaluate his ability to be a good partner to you and a good father to your children. In considering dating a father I would expect him to have a legal custody plan in place and to be paying generous child support. If he wasn't taking care of those things properly, I just wouldn't trust him to deal with...
This isn't even a grey area. Your recent partner should not be sleeping in the same bed with your child. I would tell your boyfriend that if your son needs to be in your bed as he transitions to his own, then the adult is going to have to be a big boy and move.
I weaned DD at 3. I'm pretty sure she would have been happy to keep nursing, but I was done. There were definitely some fits at first. The first limits were the hardest. I told her we could nurse 3 times a day, morning, midday rest (would have been nap if she took one), and bedtime. At other times she could have cuddles and a cup of milk. Sometimes we did chocolate milk. After that battle, I dropped the midday. A few more weeks and I dropped the morning. I wanted...
Almost nightly I stay up after I finally get DD to bed (she is up very late), take a shower, and then read or watch tv for an hour.  I really should be sleeping because I am lucky if she sleeps 8 hours total for the night, but I NEED that alone time.  It is the only time I have to recharge.
For about the first 10 days I had an awful time getting up and down.  It definitely helped to roll to my side and use my arms to lift myself as much as possible.  It still hurt after 10 days, but I didn't feel quite so incapable of moving.
That set of texts complaining about how you spend your money would be enough to warrant firing the sitter.  I would make arrangements for a replacement and then pick the day that will be her last.  Do not fire her at the beginning of a shift.  Make sure you get your keys.  Since this is the kind of dismissal where you can't give notice, I think it would be nice to offer a weeks severance even if that is a stretch for you financially.  
We had similar problems with DD.  It did limit our activities.  How could I justify a trip to the zoo if she was going to scream in terror the entire ride there?  I remember one trip the grocery store where I had to stop as soon as we could get off the road because her screaming was so horrible I couldn't stop shaking enough to drive the last 5 minutes home.     DH started bribing her with a small cookie every time we got in the car.  I initially cringed at the...
I have never had a waiting period on a new job. I would at least look for some catastrophic health insurance to cover the gap. An injury or illness that develops during the wait could be financially devastating. You might also encounter problems with preexisting conditions like asthma not being covered by the new insurance I you are not continuously insured (though the details puke depend on the plan).
I haven't been able to use Tapatalk to view MDC for several days. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?