or Connect

Posts by Turquesa

I suspect that the photo is legit. The meme-maker lifted it from findagrave.com. I can't post a link but you can pull it up with a quick search on one of the Bridge kids' names. Genealogists and historians contribute headstone photos, obituaries, portraits, interesting tidbits, etc. to this site. There's nothing on this family except the stone photo. Even though the burden of proof is on the meme-maker, I did get curious and do about an hour's worth of sleuthing on some...
Of course it happened. My great-grandmother's brother died of diphtheria in that part of the country, in fact. It was horrible.My point is that a pro-vax Facebook page posted a meme depicting a headstone with NO EVIDENCE of how the children died and then used the photo to make a political statement about vaccine compliance. I argue that this move was dishonest, (implying vaccine-targeted diseases without proof), intellectually lazy, (pull-ease. If Tea and PSM could pull up...
I wonder if those who insist otherwise are ready to cry uncle? Australia: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/20/4/13-1478_article.htm (Here's a frustrating spin: Now the product is really, REALLY not working so we really REALLY need more of the same http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/whooping-cough-vaccine-loses-its-effectiveness-20140414-36np3.html#ixzz2yyZq9Ovh ) Netherlands: (From years back. Yes, it's been known that long) ...
I haven't had much success with WW while breastfeeding. It may have nothing to do with the breastfeeding itself. I did WW years ago and loved it, but I can't stand their new plan with that goofy calculator. They used to tout how simple, common-sense, and real-world they were. Most real-world people aren't frantically entering 5 different nutritional figures into a calculator before they take a bite. Anyway, I'm also *ravenous* when I'm breastfeeding. Not even those...
Unless you're a single mom, (or with someone who travels or works nights), you could try handing the task over to your DH/DP. DS is 22 months and lately has been falling asleep faster when Daddy's at the helm. I'm not sure what kind of magic DH is working, but the two of them have figured out some kind of system. Then I don't have to nurse until 6 or 7 in the morning.
I'm honestly OK letting this one go. Usually a lack of an answer speaks volumes on its own, anyway. MDC is a format for amateur debate, which is fine. In a more formal context, my opponents would have the burden of rejoinder, or an obligation to rebut my points directly in order to keep the debate both focused and flowing. I argue that it is inappropriate and wrong to take a family's grave marker out of context, presume the causes of death without any supporting...
30. Dr. Dalbergue, a former Merck employee who considers Gardasil "the greatest medical scandal of all times." 31. Sherri Ten penny, D.O., who is pretty much anti-vaccine, IIRC 32. Dr. Paul Thomas, a Portland, OR pediatrician who advertises alternative, individualized vaccine schedules for his patients. 33. Dr. Stacia Kenet Lansman, a Marin County, CA pediatrician who recently got poo-pooed by Mother Jones magazine and Slate for encouraging one shot per visit. 34. Dr....
Or even an illness not targeted by vaccines, like scarlet fever. Or who knows? Maybe diphtheria. It's the assumptions that I find unnerving.
The fact is that somebody started a meme implying that a family died of a vaccine-targeted illness. They used zero supporting evidence to prove this, however-no vital records, no obituaries, not even a family Bible. This, in a word, is wrong. It is now being shared in an indiscriminate manner with no regard for the facts and no respect for the Bridge descendents. Tea cozy, rather than change the subject or hunt for hypocrisies, could you tell me if you agree or disagree...
nm