or Connect

Posts by Turquesa

I appreciate your strong stance against cyber-bullying and your belief in online civility. Would you be willing to extend these principles to more subtle insults that don't necessarily qualify as bullying? I ask in light of a satirical Onion piece recently posted in VOS that mocks non-compliant families.
Edited my post for clarification, Serenbat.
OK, a quick search on the terms "David Gorksi" and "idiot" pulled up quite a few hits from non-vax sites. If pressed to the wall, I will admit that I don't think fondly of Gorksi's character. And name-calling with "idiot" is bad but hardly equates to what parents like Dalia go through. But there are plenty of chances for us to speak up. If we get angry, They get angry. When They (those who espouse more fanatical views) get angry, they retaliate. Remember that they have...
Off MDC, too? That is, you wouldn't say anything to decry cyber-bullying *from the vax-choice side* if you saw it on another site?
Now that I think about it, it would be really tough to tell the truth in an antagonistic setting, but I think I'd still do it and take the bullets. I don't debate super narrow minded people, but I might shut them off with, "I'm sorry you have such a black and white view. It sounds like you have some more research to do."
I'm one of the truth-tellers, so I couldn't take the poll. The topic came up at a playgroup a couple of years ago. It was my second time with this group, and one of the moms announced that she wanted to know everyone's vaccine status so that she knew her daughter was "safe." The first person to speak up was the lone dad, who said that he wouldn't vaccinate his son because of a history of reactions in his family. He added that if this mom took issue with that, she may need...
 I'll try to clarify with an example. In the extreme off-chance that somebody told a pro-vaxxer, "I hope your children die from a vaccine injury," would you tell the non-vaxxer to put a sock in it?It's extremely hypothetical, as I've never seen anything like this, (while I've repeatedly seen people "joke" that about how nice it will be when VTDs kill off the unvaccinated). But if I'm asking pro-vaxxers to do hold their own accountable, I figure that the rest of us should...
 Tea made that point, too, and it's a good one. I should just resolve to stop clicking on those links. It's not like I'm learning anything new from them. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt any of us to log on to Disqus and speak up for the bullied . . . and let the news outlet know our views. Ombudsmen are the most powerful force, but only the more reputable media outlets, (the ones that don't participate in bullying and name-calling) have them. It's likely what...
 You didn't answer her question.
 That's awesome you'd go to bat for her, but I'm more interested in whether people would do the same for their opponents that they're willing to do for their allies.