or Connect

Posts by Turquesa

That's awesome you'd go to bat for her, but I'm more interested in whether people would do the same for their opponents that they're willing to do for their allies.
OK, anyone who's seeing this thread as a competition between who belongs to the more righteous "side" of the debate needs to re-read the original post because it doesn't come even close to the point I was making. When it comes to cyber-bullying, we have a responsibility to stand up to *our own side.* This is something that Mama24-7 totally gets in the context of the circ debate. Bullying behavior feeds on support and attention from the bystanders in the perpetrator's...
Can we speak candidly? Lately, the non-vaxxers and delayed/selective vaxxers have been sharing articles that, at least in my mind, cross the line between criticism and cyberbullying. In another thread yesterday, I defined cyberbullying as the use of an electronic medium to threaten, harass, intimidate, or defame one or more individuals. Recently, I have seen mainstream news sources make the editorial decision to run articles containing insults such as kooks, nutjobs,...
In some towns, Starbucks gets its clientele because it has a monopoly an options for meeting with friends for coffee, studying with WiFi, etc. Where there are other choices, though, I honestly think what keeps people coming back is all of the sugar. I can't stand sugary drinks or flavors in my latte. But they still manage to sneak sugar in. I recently ordered an iced coffee and was shocked to sip it and taste all of the excessive sweetness. When I returned it to the...
Good luck with your assignment!
Mothering has a unique set of rules, and we go easy on the newbies until they learn them. The main forum, "Vaccinations Debate," is where discussions like these are hosted. If you would like to start a thread there on the Gates Foundation or online bullying, I will happily join you there. But since you're new, I'll take a stab at one of your questions. (Notice that I, too, am staying away from the Gates issue ) I don't know that the internet and media are...
I don't share your optimism. It's dangerous to assume that all judges and juries and lawyers all operate on logic and reason. My late grandmother always said, " If you want justice, stay out of the courts. If you want health, stay away from the doctor."
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this interesting info! I looked up the US v Tillich case and . . . wow. I could really get into the off-topic Lalaland of conscientious objections to wars and vaccines, sacrifices for "freedom" vs. the Herd, etc. (Forgive the cynicism of putting quotes around "freedom." The past two presidential administrations have a lot of blood on their hands, and I don't feel any freer).Anyway, didn't a federal court in Wyoming rule that the state...
Oh please. The same could be said for Brian Deer. I actually agree with the rest of your post. I haven't seen a convincing case for a connection. At the same time, since it's impossible to prove the negative, how is it possible to say with such certainty and absolutism that the link was "debunked?" We can't have it both ways.But then,(and I feel audacious saying this because I'm not a scientist by trade), I see more ambiguities than absolutes in science. Science is a...
Priest as in . . . Catholic? If so, start here. www.catholicsagainstcircumcision.org