or Connect

Posts by Turquesa

I'll try to clarify with an example. In the extreme off-chance that somebody told a pro-vaxxer, "I hope your children die from a vaccine injury," would you tell the non-vaxxer to put a sock in it?It's extremely hypothetical, as I've never seen anything like this, (while I've repeatedly seen people "joke" that about how nice it will be when VTDs kill off the unvaccinated). But if I'm asking pro-vaxxers to do hold their own accountable, I figure that the rest of us should...
 Tea made that point, too, and it's a good one. I should just resolve to stop clicking on those links. It's not like I'm learning anything new from them. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt any of us to log on to Disqus and speak up for the bullied . . . and let the news outlet know our views. Ombudsmen are the most powerful force, but only the more reputable media outlets, (the ones that don't participate in bullying and name-calling) have them. It's likely what...
 You didn't answer her question.
 That's awesome you'd go to bat for her, but I'm more interested in whether people would do the same for their opponents that they're willing to do for their allies.
OK, anyone who's seeing this thread as a competition between who belongs to the more righteous "side" of the debate needs to re-read the original post because it doesn't come even close to the point I was making. When it comes to cyber-bullying, we have a responsibility to stand up to *our own side.* This is something that Mama24-7 totally gets in the context of the circ debate. Bullying behavior feeds on support and attention from the bystanders in the perpetrator's...
Can we speak candidly? Lately, the non-vaxxers and delayed/selective vaxxers have been sharing articles that, at least in my mind, cross the line between criticism and cyberbullying. In another thread yesterday, I defined cyberbullying as the use of an electronic medium to threaten, harass, intimidate, or defame one or more individuals. Recently, I have seen mainstream news sources make the editorial decision to run articles containing insults such as kooks, nutjobs,...
In some towns, Starbucks gets its clientele because it has a monopoly an options for meeting with friends for coffee, studying with WiFi, etc. Where there are other choices, though, I honestly think what keeps people coming back is all of the sugar. I can't stand sugary drinks or flavors in my latte. But they still manage to sneak sugar in. I recently ordered an iced coffee and was shocked to sip it and taste all of the excessive sweetness. When I returned it to the...
Good luck with your assignment!
Mothering has a unique set of rules, and we go easy on the newbies until they learn them. The main forum, "Vaccinations Debate," is where discussions like these are hosted. If you would like to start a thread there on the Gates Foundation or online bullying, I will happily join you there. But since you're new, I'll take a stab at one of your questions. (Notice that I, too, am staying away from the Gates issue ) I don't know that the internet and media are...
I don't share your optimism. It's dangerous to assume that all judges and juries and lawyers all operate on logic and reason. My late grandmother always said, " If you want justice, stay out of the courts. If you want health, stay away from the doctor."