or Connect

Posts by Twinsmama

Why thank you! Angela
Sex? What's that? Ha ha ha... We made a few goes at it when they were really tiny, but this was mostly for my dh's benefit--my libido didn't come back until the twins hit about six months (which was a couple of weeks ago). Even if we wanted to get busy with them awake in our room we couldn't, because if the twins are awake they want ATTENTION. Period. And talk about a mood killer. I can barely feel sexy when they are asleep, and if they are awake forget it! Besides...
Hi! Congrats on your twins! Do you know what position they are in? I don't want to scare you or anything but twins are kind of a special thing, and depending on what position they are in you may want to at least consider a hospital birth. (It is possible to have a nice hospital experience, even though home is more comfortable). Also, twins almost never go to 40 weeks, so you have to be ready for an early arrival, and possibly (though it didn't happen to me) some preemie...
Darcy has sprouted her first little tooth this week. Boy, is it sharp. Anyway, I have noticed similar symptoms...a lot of drooling, and increased fussiness in the late afternoon/early evening...to the point where I am having to give them Tylenol and take them for walks almost every evening, no matter how tired I am. Cold teething toys help slightly, but they can't seem to hold them in their mouths, and I get real tired of sitting there doing it for them for hours on end....
I won't even wear logoed stuff on myself, and neither will my husband. It just annoys me. My girls are only six months old now, but I'm not going to look at Barbie crap or Disney junk on them. (I say this now...HA!). A minor exception will be made to this no-corporate character rule when it comes to Miffy or maybe even (gasp) Hello Kitty (maybe). The Hello Kitty trip is a real slippery slope, though. We shall see. Besides the bad political implications of a lot of it,...
No problem Was a pain to make page in CSS, but worth it, I think.
Someone I know works for CPS. Here's what they said: "What that woman's sister is doing would probably be considered "imminent risk." That is considered abuse, and either the kid or the dog would have to be removed immediately. I don't know how Texas works, but most states have an "imminent risk" abuse category, or something very like it. It's no different than allowing a known sexual predator to reside in a home with your children. Also - CPS only places children as a...
Hi! I finally made a list of all the stuff that worked for me during pregnancy and birth. It's basically just a list of stuff I liked (and a few that I didn't) and things that helped me, if it interests anyone Here it 'tis: http://www.slolane.org/babybooklist.htm
My vote is with the CPS peeps. Since this has happened before (and in the face no less), your sister is obviously the problem, not the dog. If the dog isn't removed soon I'd go for it. What have you got to lose?
I feel guilty about this issue. Last time I went out with my friend and her dd, for some reason everybody thought they were ALL mine, and I had triplets (I shudder to think--two is more than enough!). I don't know what she thought about this, because she kept her mouth shut. I thought it was kind of amusing. But I think maybe this is a sensitive issue in general because it strikes that "she's more of a mom than me" nerve. We're all moms doing the best we can, but I think...