or Connect

Posts by Picturesque

For many of the reasons posted above, I'd also go with the king. Having said that, please do your homework on mattress offgassing if you haven't already. If you're not planning to buy an all natural mattress, just before the birth of a baby is the worst time to get a new bed, as the gases will be strongest when your LO is most vulnerable. If you aren't able to get the all natural mattress (they're EXPEN$IVE!), at least consider getting a mattress wrap to try to contain...
I need some feedback on whether or not I'm being unreasonable with an IL situation. My DS is 2.5 and we live within 30 minutes of both sets of grandparents. My parents have always been VERY interested and involved, extend lots of invitations to come over and call frequently. They also have demonstrated on multiple occasions that they respect our parenting choices and work to reinforce our parenting when they are around. My ILs have been very distant since DS's birth. ...
Picturesque: EDD 9/20. Lots of BH, baby dropped on Tuesday/Wednesday. No reason to expect anything particularly soon, though.
Thanks! I'll pass this along.
Most commercial beef, including that labeled "organic" is pasture-raised on grass for most of it's life. In order to shorten the time til the beef is ready for slaughter, the beef is then placed on an all corn diet, which fattens the beef up quickly, but also makes the beef very unhealthy. The corn tears up their stomachs and digestive systems so badly that if the beef weren't slaughtered, they would die anyway. The meat produced in this way also contains a much greater...
I spoke with a friend in Columbus today who is trying to make decisions for her OB/GYN care. She is not currently pregnant, but is hoping to find a practice that she could develop a relationship with now and continue to use throughout a pregnancy in a year and a half or so. She's not yet sure what sort of birth she'll want, whether at home or in hospital, but is interested in finding a practice with a conservative approach that won't push for unnecessary interventions...
I took mine out in November to TTC. It was SO easy. DC#2 is due in September and I'll probably get another one. I loved mine - Paraguard. I agree that heavier bleeding is worth it to have such carefree and effective BC.
Along the same lines as the yogurt - you may consider sprinkling acidophilous (sp?) on the affected area. Rashes like you describe are often yeast-based and the probiotics will help get the yeast back in balance.
I hate when ANYONE offers my child junk food without asking me. I even hate it when they do ask me but do so in front of DS. We are not junk-food free, but I do try to keep his intake reasonable. Plus, there are LOTS of reasons why I might not want him to have 'xyz' at a particular time. Like lots of sugar before nap time. Or if it's messy. Like the store employee who handed him a melting popcycle right before we got into the car. I know I can refuse, but it only...
Quote: Originally Posted by spmamma DD slept on her crib mattress alone in her room (it was on the floor) from the time she was about 18 MO until we got her a toddler bed from Ikea when she was probably about 22 MO. It went really well. The few times she rolled out of it, there was only a short drop to the floor and it didn't even phase her. She did get out of it every night to join us in our bed, but never wandered around the house. She always...