or Connect

Posts by Picturesque

Dry pail here.
No need to worry. Many boys do not become retractable until puberty. He's got plenty of time.
Hello, I'm just subbing for now. My DS is 2.5 and I have another due in September. I have been working very hard with a group of local parents and a certified Waldorf teacher to put together a Waldorf-inspired homeschool co-op. We plan to offer supplementary class choices to the local homeschool community. I plan to follow a very Waldorfy curriculum with my children at home, but haven't yet started. Will probably consider incorporating some structure to our home...
I have a very verbal 2 year old and it seems a terrible shame to waste his language skills on just one language. I know it will never be easier than now for him to pick up another language, but I don't know one to teach him. I'm willing to learn, and I feel like I could probably learn along with him, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone else attempted this? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.
I have a very verbal 2 year old and it seems a terrible shame to waste his language skills on just one language. I know it will never be easier than now for him to pick up another language, but I don't know one to teach him. I'm willing to learn, and I feel like I could probably learn along with him, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone else attempted this? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Quote: Originally Posted by jeliphish ...talking early or talking late has nothing to do with a child's future giftedness. :
Another vote for Ergo. DH never reaches for another carrier, although he did use a ring sling quite a bit when DS was littler.
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.
When I was pg with DS, my two best friends each gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I thought their children were so PRECIOUS and really wondered if it would be possible for me to produce anything that I would think was equally beautiful. My worries evaporated when my son was born. Even when he, as all babies will, went through less attractive phases, I didn't see it until later (in pictures). And by and large, from a completely unbiased perspective , he's been a...
: