or Connect

Posts by Picturesque

This happened to my mom's chickens when the neighbor's dog got in the pen. She reinforced the fence, but chicken wire isn't going to stop a determined, larger dog. She has a sturdy and enclosed chicken house. She used to have a small door at ground level for the birds to enter and exit through. The dog was able to squeeze through that door. Now she has blocked that door and built another door several feet higher on the front of the house. She has "flimsy" ramps...
I took, and passed, my test at home this morning. The instructions I was given by my midwife were: 1. For 3 days, eat no refined sugars or carbs. 2. On morning of test, take a "fasting" value with a glucometer before eating anything. Should be lower than 95. Mine was 94. 3. Eat a breakfast consisting of 75-80 complex carbohydrates and at least 600 calories. Record starting time of meal. 4. Engage in some moderate exercise. 5. 2 hours after meal start, test blood...
: Wonderful news! Congrats!:
Is giving grocery gift cards and bus passes better or worse than giving cash? I've always felt better about it, in any case, but wonder if there's an angle I'm not considering?
Thank you for the replies. He is acting more like his usual self today. We've been focusing on good nutrition - particularly pushing foods heavy in antioxidants, and fluids. After our foot bath at the chiro, we also started giving a homeopathic called ExChem that the chiro recommended. After researching DEET more thoroughly, I learned that it does not repel bugs itself but, rather, is absorbed into the body to change body chemistry and make the individual less...
I don't know if I'm over-reacting or not. Saturday evening we visited with my parents who are hosting my teenage niece and nephew for a two week visit. My niece was playing outside with DS and, without my or DH's knowledge, sprayed him down with DEET bug spray after he complained to her about getting bitten by bugs. We were not aware of anything until the next morning when my husband was giving him a bath and smelled it on him. At that point, DH thoroughly bathed DS,...
We belong to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Our service and structure meet your criteria.
One of my former co-worker applied for the same job 3 times before getting hired. After the second round of hiring, she called our supervisor and asked her what qualities she lacked for getting the job because she wanted to improve herself for the next time she applied for a job. Our supervisor was so impressed that she hired her on the next cycle. Don't know if that will help you or not. I'm sorry you're having a rough time and I hope something comes through for you...
My SIL always cracks me up. She and her family are TV junkies. She knows that we don't watch (have a TV with a converter box in our guest room - when there is a weather emergency or special event (the inauguration) we turn it on. But she knows that we don't watch on a regular basis. Almost every time we see her she eventually finds a way to steer the conversation around to this commercial or that commercial. She wants to talk about how funny they are, but she always...
Homebirth here, too!