or Connect

Posts by Picturesque

Thanks for all the replies. I realized reading these posts that most of my energy so far has been going toward preparing DS for his sibling. But there are things I want to do for me, too, to prepare for after the birth - preparing meals, etc. I'll check out some of the book recs, too. I've especially heard good things about Birthing From Within.
I am planning a HB for late September. I had an all-natural birth with my son, but at a hospital (labored at home until the very end, but then drove over). I feel like my birth went really well and I've had a lot of confidence in my ability to birth naturally since then. When I was pg with DS, I spent ALL of my time reading about labor, reading birth stories, and just preparing. I attended a hospital lamaze class, too. I don't feel driven to do any of these things...
: Welcome Little One!
That's really a shame. That money could be so much better spent on education campaigns about safe sex - much better results in the long run.
We're very happy with our arrangement. DS falls asleep at night in his own room with daddy in the rocker. He then sleeps in his bed until around midnight when he joins us in ours. (This is a great opportunity for him to potty, too.) In our room, we have a twin bed pushed between our queen and the wall. Usually DS will start off between us in the bed, but at some point in the night I'll roll over to the twin (there's about a 4" difference in height). I think it'll...
I am of the opinion that pets are family members, too. Your DH chose to make the dog a part of his house. You chose to combine households with his, dog included. If I'm reading your post correctly, nothing has changed other than your level of tolerance for the dog. I think it's only fair to find a way to make it work. Family members, including pets, are not disposable.
Quote: Originally Posted by KayleeZoo I haven't read the other responses yet, so I may be the odd man out here, but personally, I think it's wrong to expect ANYONE to buy anything that you need for the baby. Gifts from friends and family are always nice, but IMO, they shouldn't be counted upon. It's just not anyone else's responsibility to buy for your baby, IMO. I mean, unless the person has already offered to buy something specific, and said that...
I don't think it's so much that the FB's are super absorbent as that they have the stay-dry liner. One of the reasons non-ECers like diapers like that is that, like sposies, the little one doesn't feel wet after going. From an EC standpoint, though, there's nothing for the child to associate with having urinated. I'd be willing to bet that's what's going on.
Quote: Originally Posted by rebeccajo I don't like how some people request alone time with young children. I always say no. There's no reason they can't socialize with my children when I'm right there. When the kids are older and they request it, that's a different story. This has always made me uncomfortable, too. The pushiness that we receive from my ILs in this area is a big factor in why DS does not get alone time with them. My mother has...
Our family spent a long weekend with my cousin, her husband, and their 1 year old daughter at the beginning of April. While we were there, her DH started feeling poorly and the day we left (4 days after arriving), they visited an urgent care clinic where he was diagnosed with shingles. 14 days following the start of our visit, my DS and their DD showed the first symptoms of chicken pox. They both had mild cases, but symptoms lasted 2 weeks for both of them. I am pg,...