or Connect

Posts by Picturesque

I think it's really awful that your pedi gave you such terrible discipline advice. However, I don't understand why so many parents I know IRL and online consider their pediatricians to be good sources of parenting advice. I like my pedi a lot and I feel like we're on the same page in a lot of areas, but I still consider to be no more than an expert on physical health. Your pedi's response to your question should have either been 1) I cannot help you because I can...
Assuming the baby's mom agrees with your plan, my biggest concern would be that by feeding the baby your milk instead of mom's for all of his feeding needs, that you'd be sabotaging her supply. If you feed all of her EBM and nurse him on top of that, he won't take enough milk from her when he sees her to keep her supply up. This plan sounds like it would work to undermine mom's supply in much the same way that supplementing with formula would.
Nursing while pregnant has not been what I thought it would be at all. I expected pain during the early months. I was prepared to lose my milk. I thought I could stick it out, but the pain has never gone away and now at 25 weeks pregnant, it's absolutely unbearable. The burning and stinging make are intense enough to make me cry and I hate our nursing sessions. I've read many accounts of moms who nursed through their pregnancies, but I just don't know how. I don't...
Wow, thanks for the tip on the stretches. I do Kegels faithfully and I don't think my pelvic floor muscles are weak - there's just something pushing down there and I don't like it! At least, I don't like looking forward to 15 more weeks of it. Hoping we can move North!
Anyone else feeling this? I remember this discomfort from my pregnancy with DS, but it wasn't anywhere near this early. It feels like the baby could fall out at any time! The head (I assume) is smashed right at the base of my pelvis and it doesn't feel good!
I am sorry that you've had to make this difficult decision, but I'm am thrilled for you that you have a surgeon who is giving you such good information about your ability to BF relatively soon after your procedure. You're going to be a great mama and your little one is so blessed to have a mom who will do for her what I'm sure you will.
I'm planning to do it with this one. When DS was 18 mos, we started leaving him in just a cloth diaper without a cover. We offered lots of opportunities to potty and changed him as soon as he felt wet. We didn't stress over misses. It was so easy. He was completely out of diapers during the day by 21 mos and dry at night starting at 22 mos. I plan to just take a very relaxed attitude to the ec thing - if we catch it, great, if not, oh well. I bought a lot of cheap...
DDC crashing, too. I know what it's like to be wedded to your plans for a natural birth; however, I can't compare those feelings to the need to present to raise my child to adulthood. Natural childbirth accomplishes a lot of wonderful things for both mom and baby, but in my mind, combating serious illness outweighs those benefits. As others have suggested, I imagine that under similar circumstances I would choose to get the steroid shots and induce at 36 weeks. Then do...
Well, I expected to be disappointed but made the mistake of hoping that I wouldn't be. But I was right all along and the hope just makes me feel more bitter about it. DH knows he screwed up, but his remorse only makes me feel more pissed off. Like I can't talk about it to the extent I'd like to b/c all I'd get out of him is puppy dog faces and apologies that just make me feel responsible for his bad feelings, too. And his apologies are meaningless b/c we've been here...
We were in the same boat until just recently. DS was a big baby and weighed 30 lbs when he was 9 mos old. After that he continued to grow taller, but didn't gain for more than a year. In the past few months he's started to slowly gain again. I was never worried - he was still at a healthy weight, as it would seem your DS is, too. Our ped was never concerned either. I think it's perfectly normal and nothing to stress about.