or Connect

Posts by Kinipela79

I was a nose bleeder when I was a little girl. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it at the time. I was not a nose picker but it would just gush away regardless. I grew out of it for the most part but even now hydration and keeping moisture in the air during the winter months is key for me. It doesn't hurt to mention it to your dr. though.
The word that I used to describe coffee was GROSS! I don't think that's quite accurate with how I view *ahem* "lovin"!
I don't know any quotes off the top of my head that directly relate to parenting but some I adore are... If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come. ~ Chinese Proverb Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. ~ Kahlil Gibran You can't prevent birds of sorrow flying over your head, but you can stop them from building nests in your hair. ~ Chinese Proverb And my very favorite at the moment... Faith is the bird that...
It doesn't seem to happen so much with my own children but when I was little, maybe around 4 or 5, before bed I would run from one side of the yard to the other. Just back and forth, back and forth for about 10 minutes and then I'd just come in. My grandma and mom encouraged it as it helped me release any extra steam from the day and it was easier for me to fall asleep. I still get a burst of energy before I go to bed so I will tidy up a room or do something like work...
I have been there. I wanted highlights so I went to a place and she got to work. Hours later my hair was ORANGE. And she kept insisting it wasn't orange it was "caramel". Caramel my booty! My husband agreed that it was indeed orange. So I asked her if she could dye it dark again and she tried and it was then more of a orange copper. Awful. So I went home and used a color stripper and then dyed it brown and it still had an orange tint to it but it was a little...
The cop one is from one of the local stations here. I love that you can here the woman who does the weather sometimes laughing/snorting over it. I couldn't have kept a straight face either!
Anything the OXYCLEAN guy is in.
Quote: "how can a sahm not have time to clean?" : DS1 "surprised" me a couple of weeks ago by cleaning the kitchen up from breakfast and tidying the family room and as when anything is cleaned it was a disaster again shortly. As I was tucking him in that night he said "I really know how you feel when you clean things and then they get messy right away. It's just HORRIBLE!" Uh, yeah! Dh has said the same sort of thing. Nothing ever changes but...
Dh and I are having a vow renewal ceremony/anniversary party on the 9th. There aren't too many rules for such a thing. I started out by just googling vow renewal ceremony or renewing wedding vows and it gave me a nice place to start with ideas. We have a pretty laid back ceremony planned (no attendants or processing or anything like that), we're doing a "unity candle" type thing with the kids, my mom is doing a pagan blessing thingy (technical terms here) for us, our...
We live in a neighborhood and had a small flock of chickens. We never got sick or had any weird hair loss during that time! They make wonderful pets AND you get eggs! Nothing like fresh eggs. I wouldn't worry about your cat or your kids picking anything up from the chicken. You're more likely to get sick from touching a door handle in a store or something, you know? Don't feel stupid for asking.