or Connect

Posts by Kinipela79

Bleh - what a thing to have to deal with on top of getting settled into a new house!!!! I am sure that the other neighbors won't think badly of you. It's instinct to grab at someone if they are falling. I was at the zoo one time and there is this polar bear exhibit and it's a big glass wall so you can see both above and under water. I was standing there and there was a little boy in front of me and this huge polar bear came up to the glass and looked at us, then rose...
I agree that the statistics are very sad. I just think it's hard for girls in general these days...ballet/gymnastics or not!! Like I said. It's just an issue that I feel defensive about since I was always accused of starving myself and being a "dancer" just made it worse! That's great that there is a boy's ballet class!! I'm always jealous of the male dancer roles since they get to do all the leaping around! :LOL
Well, I am thin (not as thin as when I was dancing at all!) My sis is thin and my mother is thin and I can promise you that none of us have or had any type of eating disorder. So while I don't want to argue about the ethics of dancing or whatever...I just think it is sad that every thin girl in ballet is going to be looked at like she has some sort of eating disorder. I mean...look at marathon runners, sports players, etc...they are not overweight simply by the fact that...
I have kind of gotten to the point that everyone is so used to me doing the picking up now that when I ask for them to do something I just get a blank look and half nod and then it doesn't get done because they know that I will end up doing it. What a bad habit to get into. : I just think that I know I am too much of a power struggle kind of person and I hate getting into those kind of arguments! Wish I found these posts about 3 years ago! :LOL How do you break the...
I took ballet, tap, jazz and musical theater dance for most of my life as did my sister (who is now into synchronized swimming) and my mother twirled baton and took ballet and then when she was older, taught. I think dance is a great way to build a healthy attitude about your body (provided your in the right school and not just a "show" school, ya know?) There are always going to be the girls who are obsessed with being way too skinny but you'll find that anywhere...not...
Quote: Personally, I'd assume the nurse knew nothing about lactation and nurse anyway. I know I probably would anyway. I would think it would be just fine if you snuck in a little nursing during the night. Not that I am a dr. or anything.