or Connect

Posts by MamieCole

I have had an Ergo. They are much better than some other mass-produced carriers on the market. I like that they provide a good seat for the wearee and are in general, comfy for the wearer. I used an Ergo with my first DS until he was 2.5 years and I used one for DS2 until he was 8 months...then I discovered Kinderpacks and realized what I had been missing.:)  DS2 is now 3.5 years old, 40lbs and I can still wear him comfortably in our Preschool Kinderpack for long periods...
An Ergo would not be comfy for either of you for any period of time. You should look in a Preschool size Kinderpack. 
For infant to 3 months: Ring slings, stretchy wraps (Moby, Hug-a-Bub, etc)   For 3 months-6 months: Ring slings, Mei Tais, Woven wraps   For 6 months and up: I usually switch to back carries by this age. Soft Structured Carriers (SSC) Ergos are fine, but there are many more SSCs on the market that fit better, especially if you and/or your baby aren't average sized. i.e. petite or plus sized. (Tula, Dream Carriers, Kinderpack, Bamberoo, Beco)   12 Months - 4...
Thanks so much!   DS1 is pretty mature for his age and follows directions well, so I don't think he will have issues sitting properly. And you are totally right about the complete air for the trip...I have hauled Frontiers and BLVDs down airplane aisles one too many times. lol    I did some research on carseat.org last night and think that I want to go for a HBB with LATCH. Since it will be in DH's car empty most of the time, having it secure without him having to worry...
Hi all...would love a little input for out situation.   DS1 is 6.5 years old, 45lbs and 46". He rides harnessed in a Britax Frontier 85 in my car.  DS2 is almost 3.5 years old, 40lbs and 40" and also rides harnessed in a Britax Frontier 85 in my car. I just turned him FF when he outgrew the RF weight  limit of the Complete Air last month.   In DH's car, we have a Boulevard that is about to expire in just a couple of months and the Complete Air that has lots of...
Thank you so much!   $59 sounds like a steal! I appreciate the tip. :)
He just had a growth spurt from 35lbs to 39lbs...he hung out at 35lbs for quite a while. We are for sure done having kiddos, so no seats will get passed down. The only possible advantage to buying a new seat (other than a few more months of RFing in my car) is that we could move the CA to DH's car forward facing, which right now only has one seat for older DS. That would mean that DH would not have to take my car each time he goes somewhere with both boys. That doesn't...
Hi All,   I am looking for some input and opinions about the carseat situation I am in with my DS. He is 3.2 years old and weighs 39.5lbs. He is currently rear facing in a Complete Air, but the RFing limit is 40lbs, so I need to decide if I am going to turn him around or purchase a Radian in order to get 5 more rear-facing pounds. I was hoping to get him to age 4 before turning him, but no way that is going to happen in the Complete Air.   I guess I am just...