or Connect

Posts by MamieCole

Obviously anyone can start a board for any reason they want. I'm one of those "200 of you" who signed up at TWWS so I could see what all the hubbub was about. Curiosity and the cat and all. You all seem like pretty cool ladies. You guys cuss a lot. And y'all are pretty crude. But you are also funny. 10 years ago, when I was at my snarkalicious prime, I would have happily jumped right in. These days I just don't have the time or energy to even consider putting forth the...
I was going to suggest black-out drapes, but I see you tried that.   What about a later bedtime? Is he sleepy at 8:30pm or could he stay up a bit longer? 
  I've never used a Beco, so no advice there. But this Etsy shop has super cute Suck Pads: http://www.etsy.com/shop/redcharlotte?section_id=7827448   I bought a set for my KP and they are very well made, super cute and she ships quickly. :)
Me too, please! Thanks!  
Oh my...I have a long list, but being from the south, fried savory food and things with gravy are my weakness.   French fries, fried chicken, fried dill pickles, fried mac & cheese, fried mozzarella sticks, onion rings, chicken fried steak...you get the picture. I made a rule a long time ago that I will not cook any fried food at home, so I'd say of the things on this list, french fries are the only ones I have with any regularity.    I also love me up some...
The episode ended with them arriving at the vacation house, sitting down with their real estate agent to sign the lease. One of the teen girls (I forget which one) was standing in the room watching the adults sign papers. She was looking pretty downtrodden. The camera guy asked "What's wrong?" She replied "Really? I hate it here. I want to go home." Then she walked away. :(   They didn't say anything about the Utah house or show anything beyond them arriving at the house...
Ohhhh...gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know about the DA thing. That makes more sense as to why they were so "paranoid." Maybe they had good reason to be?
The rushed move episode really bothered me. It just felt like they were making HUGE decisions based on fear that may or may not have merit. I hope that there is more to the story than they shared with us...some solid evidence that Kody was going to be arrested or charged with something. Otherwise, they just caused a LOT of damage to their children based on nothing but assumptions. What would have happened if Kody had gone to the sheriff's office and said, "Hey guys, my...
Just wondering if you make it a point to ask beforehand, or expect your guests to voice their preferences unsolicited?   I am of the camp that a good host/hostess asks their guests at the time of invitation if they have any food aversions or allergies. It's just the polite thing to do. I've seen it mentioned a few times upthread about "I'm going to all the effort to cook..." or "My food is good, they should just try it..." Those are very self-centered statements. When I...
I agree. When I post here, my intent is to post here, not FB.    There are plenty of ways to get discussions going on FB w/out directly linking threads here at MDC. There is one particular message board that manages to get lots of good discussion on FB by posting links to articles on topics related to the foundations upon which the message board was founded. And they have NEVER posted a direct link to threads on their message board in order to facilitate those...