or Connect

Posts by Sage_SS

My friend is a crack addict.  She was clean for many years.  She has a 14 month old daughter.  She screwed up and has been using for a month.  I didn't know.   She lost her job and couldn't find a new one and she's a single mother so she has gone on social assistance, but was evicted from her place.   We have 4 kids, one is a toddler.  We own and run a very, very busy business.  We have been talking about finding domestic help, someone to help with childcare,...
Wow... I'm so disappointed in people :(  I NEVER sell things online, but I have 2 brand new blackberry torches that we don't want so I'm selling them on craigslist.  I was so impressed when someone contacted me right away about wanting one!  I became suspicious tho when she said she lived in Miami and wanted me to ship the phone to her fiance in Nigeria.  Wtf?? Why wouldn't she just send him the money?  Or buy the phone and send it to him?  I was actually on my way to...
Its been so long since I've been in, I had to reset the password I forgot :(   Wow.. life is sure different.  My hubby and I run a talent agency, he's also a stuntman, we have 4 kids.  Life is unspeakably insane.  We're going to find some help, both at home and the office.  I feel so run off the path I wanted.  I keep telling myself that everyone who owns their own company has to make some sacrifices for awhile, until you have some roots in the ground... but I just...
We are looking for a domestic helper/au pair.  We have 4 kids, three are in school, my son is 2.  We are thinking 1:30 to 6:30 Mon to Fri.  Duties will include supervising kids chores and homework, making meals, housekeeping and driving kids to various activities.  We're looking for a mature person who has an open mind and has experience with kids, pref having raised their own.     If you guys know anyone pls send me a message!  I'm not exactly sure how to do this,...
he was a bit preemie, but he's been doing this all his life. We thought he would grow out of it, but he hasn't. Its not a sad moaning, we think maybe the vibration it causes in his chest is calming to him. I dunno, we can only guess.
I've BTDT three times. I really emphasized that the baby I held in my arms, or that we watched sleep, was her SISTER. My baby but her sister. We pushed that hard and heavy. We used the term "sister" more often than any word, well mabye "is, the and a" were used more, but just. LOL The kids are all older now, except my son who's 19 months, but everyone who comes around comments on how close they are and how its evident how much they care for each other.
Oh man!!! My son is 19 months old and wakes up at night still. It wouldn't bother me, we just bring him into bed with us, but he moans ALL the rest of the night, demanding my hand! If I take my hand away, he'll sit up and point at my hand. And he moans and moans and moans. I can make him stop if I jolt him (poke him in the belly, or pst at him) but he'll just start again right away. He's our fourth child, none of our others did this and its exhausting!! What the...
Sometimes being a parent requires a sacrifice. Apparently a blood sacrifice! All this talk of blood maybe brought this on myself! On Sunday, after a loooong weekend of baseball tournaments, I thought it would be nice and fun to take my family to the park by our house and have ourselves a little baseball game. Two hours later, I was wailing and blood was pouring from my forehead. My oldest daughter (who has been playing baseball for 4 years and has one of the fastest...
Well we decided to go with a First Blood ceremony that removed that paganism. At least for this one. ALL of our family and friends are RC and they are weirded out enough that I'm throwing her a First Blood celebration. LOL... My aunt "where will all the boys and men be?" Me - "I don't know yet, actually I was thinking that there's this beautiful clearing in the forest across the road, we could bring some chairs and have it there maybe?" My aunt- "Ummmm. That sounds...
The last 4 months have been a blur to me. We've barely had time to eat. We bought a business, and homeschool 3 girls, do daycare with a special needs boy and have a toddler. All 3 girls are in baseball and soccer. Holy moley... we're nuts! I hope you've all been well! I've missed being a part of this forum. My 11 year old daughter started her menstrual cycle yesterday. I'm happy for her and sad that time has gone by so fast. I haven't done a First Blood ritual...