or Connect

Posts by meandmine

Thank you!!!!!
Does anyone know of a support board for folks dealing with depression.  I don't want to just post sad stuff here, so I thought maybe there was a non-Mothering board one of you might know about where I can share w/o dumping here.   Thanks for any suggestions.   M
Hey there!   Yeah, social isolation is a good word for it.  I have lots of shallow acquantances, but almost never do I get invited to do anything.  I still reach out (just hosted book club), but I am actually surprised how I keep trying after all these years to do the right thing, to give, to be generous, to invite, in the face of almost total rejection.   I too have thought about saying "Hey, I really need friends." to some of these folks, but that last time I...
Just want you to know someone else saw your post and is sending you positive thoughts.  I hope there is someone else nearby that can provide irl support while you climb back out of your depression.   M
Thanks, Mamas!   You have helped me clarify at this part of this picture ...   Work is 75% of why I feel the way I do.  And I need to remind myself how much I was appreciated at my last two positions.  I do think there is a negative culture at my current work -- especially directed at my postion (my predecessor had the position for 25 years) and thus at me.  I thought I could dazzle them with how I changed/improved things, but I think the level of indifference to...
Wow, this is so interesting to read about ...   I, too, will belabor the possible negative consequences of taking an action and thus talk myself out of taking the action.   I only recently realized that anxiety over the "what ifs" is probably at the root of my anger, as well.   I am so sorry both of you struggle with decision making.   Trying to think what strategies I use ... the good old pro/con list.  The "just do it" approach with a huge dollop of...
rubidoux,   Thanks for sharing your experience.  I do think a significant part of my suffering is because of the culture of this particular workplace.  I felt it almost from the get-go.  Not at the interview -- that was incredibly postive and I thought, with one exception, there was great chemistry.   That one exception has proven to be quite the influential person ...   I think my predecessor was actively disliked and folks developed absolutely NO respect...
Thanks for your kindness.  Unfortunately, my self-image can't hold up against the feedback I feel I am getting.  No matter how innovative, high-energy, inclusive, etc. my work -- I get greeted with a shrug of indifference at best.   The only reason I know my work is as good as it is is a) because I have been told so by past bosses and colleagues and b) I see what others do and I know I am miles better.   With regard to the personal side -- I just am excluded --...
Thanks for replying!   The changes are all gradual -- going from working full-time with a very busy social and work life to being home with kids to going back to work in a very new segment of my profession where I have had tremendous success until I got to my current work place -- that's been the toughest -- can't avoid them -- I would be completely undone by what I have experienced over the last two years if I hadn't had incredibly positive feedback the two years...
I used to have a few really good friends with whom I could share the really tough stuff w/o feeling awkward and there was plenty of socializing on a lighter side.   Now I feel like pretty much no one likes me.  A few folks are polite when it is required.  A few folks will socialize with me, but rarely.   So, I conclude I am pretty much awful to be with ... pretty much awful, period.   A hard pill to swallow since I don't think I am awful and I want to be...