or Connect

Posts by gardenmom

I'm not here often lately, but I know I can always rely on folks here to have more useful information than the mass media.  Thank you--subscribing.   By the way, one article I read (that I can't find now!) mentioned that one little girl with symptoms had a mass on the nerves in either her arm or her spine.  I wonder how that figures into the picture.
If you're in Nassau, there's the Mother's Center of SW Nassau that meets  in the Baptist Church in E. Rockaway.  It has a  lot of mainstream Mamas, but there are also quite a few crunchy mamas.  It's a great group with a lot of activities, a good preschool program, activities for moms (like yoga, book club, knitting) often while members provide child care in the same building, etc.    There is the Natural Mothering Forum which meets up in suffolk county...they have a...
Hi all, Subscribing to this thread.  I am slowly reading through the old thread and will go through this one, but have an odd question.  Is it possible to have high blood pressure and still be in some kind of Adrenal stress or fatigue?    I have felt like I am burning adrenaline lately (particularly with any kind of stress/distress, even mild stuff that I feel shouldn't bother me), then I race for a while--mind/anxiety/heart--followed by an exhausted crash.  My...
Pretty soon, nobody will be "safe" from Monsanto ties because there will be so much gmo material floating around out there, everything will be contaminated, even the organics.  I urge everyone to petition our government who has approved 3 Genetically Modified  GMO Monsanto crops (sugar beets, alfalfa and now corn) over the last few weeks, to change it's decision, so we can continue to have freedom of food choice.
I ran in to The Children's Place today:  they have polar fleece tops and bottoms for $5 each, and all hats/gloves are $5.  Almost everything else in the store was on sale too--lots of clothing was 40% or more off.  And if you can get your hands on one of their 20% off coupons, they take that off everything including the sale items (I have a 20% off pass 'for a friend' that I can mail to somebody--PM me--it's good until Jan 2nd).  I got 11 nice pieces of clothing + a...
So where is everyone?  I have a box ready to go in the morning and just offered two more things.  I know there are more helpers out there, please help get some of these families moved over!!    In browsing the lists, I see that so many kids who still need hats and gloves this winter.  Sending stuff in large envelopes is an inexpensive way to ship stuff like hats/gloves without a box.  Send them first class and get some of these families who are close moved over to...
Hi mods--I was trying to send GardenStream a PM about a toy I have available, and kept getting a weird error message... sent it to DeerMother instead.  
I have two pairs of jeans, gap classic womens' that I bought at a yard sale this summer in great shape, only to find they don't fit me. (These are labeled size 14 but if they really were, I'd be keeping them for me--previous owner must have put them in a hot dryer or maybe gap is just cut smaller).    Consider them size 12, regular please.
I have two NEW women's winter jackets, size xl (About size 14-16, possibly 18) that I just picked up on sale.   One is purply-pink (magenta?), the other one is Black.  They are lightweight but warm, puffy polyester types, no hood.  I could wear this all winter in southern NY, but I am quite cold tolerant.  Probably not warm enough for really cold states.   I have been told by a coordinator that these don't fit anybody's list of needs, so I'm listing them here. ...
Hi SleeplessMommy--it must be HH time again!